The food thread

Just make sure you're paid up on the extended warranty.

Along with the full rebate on the delivery, they gave me a store credit card of $280 and when I called this morning and mentioned there was a tiny scratch on the side of the fridge, they asked if a $320 credit card reimbursement would be satisfactory. You can guess my answer.

Extended warranty? Ya you bet. Usually I hate these but... If it doesn't get used, you get it back at the end, in in-store credits. Not seen that before.

Beginning of the week, some ovenroasted veggies with a kind of italian dressing and spareribs, also done in the oven.
Ribs very good, veggies not so tasteful, i have to modify the recipe for the dressing, the recommendations from this cooking news paper are nothing for people liking taste .
Looks like one of my favorite veggie dishes, only I like to use vinegar, lemon pepper, garlic powder and bake in a covered pan.

The 10# pork Butt rubbed with brown sugar, curing salt (#2), salt and red pepper is now aging in the refrigerator.

It will be slow smoked with apple wood smoke next Saturday/Sunday.

My Daughter and her family are coming in for the weekend (4th of July) and we are going to have the family together for a BBQ.

Attachments

• DSCN2804.jpg
    DSCN2804.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 76
You have a nice way of shooting your food. I suspect this is not the only time you take pics. Good job my friend.

Thanks Cal
But i am really a bad pic shooter compared with my wife, she is a hero in this discipline, its her hobby with professional approach. She has more than 10'000 pix on her mobile, and the on our 2TB NAS are more than 100'000, no joke.

I do those here with my I-Phone 5, i just take care abouth the light situation and *clic*. Some soups look not good, no matter what i do, but are tasty...

I believe the reason it looks good, is, it looks really good, eyecandy makes better taste for me ;). I always try to make a nice appearance with the dishes, but i am far away from an artist.

Greez
Frank

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hmm you have me thinking. Every so often I make a savoury pancake gateaux which has alternating layers of spinach and red lentil between the pancakes then covered in cheese sauce and popped in the oven. That would fuse quite well. We have a spicy chick pea filling for pasties which is like a stodgy chole...