The food thread

Of course ! You talk to a french ! Even one of our political woman said Nutella should be forbiden in France ! We has a diplomatic clash with Italy just because of that :p (I see from here we will forbiden the Duck trumpet soon : too much roasted) !

Here people are fed up with industrial food with sugar everywhere and hormones in meat who would came from USA... we want to be fat but for good reasons only : cassoulet & wine, eventually light Chantilly and champagne ! Problems are children..... I like myself even today buy 4 cheese burgers at Mc Donald and eat them like a dessert !

Nutella is not a good food (palm tree oils, etc) ! I joked, see it as a critism of modern Junk food ....

But more seriously : a juicy pear with true mealted chocolate with a little of Roquefort cheese like a multilayer cake (just on elayer of cheese betwen two layer of pear, a little chocolate on it ! and the accurate wine on it is Something... for trained cooker and eater only :cool:

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Nutella is not a good food (palm tree oils, etc) ! I joked, see it as a critism of modern Junk food ....

As a kid you couldn't get it in uk, so was number one thing to buy if you went to europe on a trip! But you have to admire how Ferrero took kids food and made an adult chocolate out of it! In 1946 it was a good idea though.

But more seriously : a juicy pear with true mealted chocolate with a little of Roquefort cheese like a multilayer cake (just on elayer of cheese betwen two layer of pear, a little chocolate on it ! and the accurate wine on it is Something... for trained cooker and eater only :cool:

Sounds good, but I would probably have a stout with that.

As a kid you couldn't get it in uk, so was number one thing to buy if you went to europe on a trip! But you have to admire how Ferrero took kids food and made an adult chocolate out of it! In 1946 it was a good idea though.

Sounds good, but I would probably have a stout with that.

If you learned Marketing at Nutella, you will never sufer of unployment, :D ! They are more brillant than Banana chocolate powder :eek: brand !

You have to take of the skin of the fruit of course, not like those frenchs whom eat the panse in the "panse de Brebis farcie" scotisch meal:eek:.... sacré frenchs !

Surprisely good and well made wine despite the low price !

The one I drink is only around 5 euros if bought by 6 ! I can understand because the weight it's not cheap to shipp and make money (and of course not the same quantity production as Champagne with kilometers of caves ! fi we just compare bubles and bubles... because Clairette is a dessert wine.... which Champagne isn't!

Last edited: