The food thread

Hey, he had the luck to have not a bomb in his food : they are crazy au Pays Basque : want their autonomy for falacious reasons : Very beautifull aera btw !

Any links on YouTube :D Want to see this and how the cook their smooth piment with nice Irouleguy wine to drink ! I'm sure the English xhief was freaked by a powerfull mama of the kitchen :D

Give us back Alsace ! I mean people of Alsace ;)

Too funny la Mami basque : Yes He was really in Danger ! Au Pays Basque they eat soldiers of Legion Etrangère and Navy Seals at Breakfast ! They hunt animals without riffles : just with that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJozq3IlFgE

All the bears have left the district for Spain ! We even saw a wolf flying trying to catch a ball !

Hummm have to say I prefer by far the cooking of Pays Gascon, you know : where Dartagnan comes from !

Last edited:
Not a great wine, but a strong one ! But a basque would say you it's the best wine of France ! ahahaha !

No, seriously, it's a "controlled appelation" as we say here but it's a little wine ! Some are well made, but it stays a little wine ! (I risk my life saying that !)

Better to drink a strong Cahors, but few are well made and certainly not foundable in USA ! Maybe in England who are secular french wine lovers... but sadly I saw in London the fame of cheap and bad wine from Chile comming (some years ago now !) ! Hey try to find a good Carménère cepage wine from Chile in London ! Bon courage.... (although I drink as much bad wine in Chile and Argentina as in France : 95 % of wines are bad and even don't taste like wine).... just what I think !

Last edited:
Nice old lady. You've got to admit though, it's hard to properly cook peppers without boring to death your tv spectators. A piperade needs at least 30 min to cook.

There's another version with only fresh green piment d'Espelette, tomatoes, garlic and bread which is just to die for. For the French reader amongst us: Piperade de la Soule

The Jesuits assure both or at least the Latin first then you choose.

Or at least we used to... sic transit gloria mundi. ;)

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Sliced onion fried in lard, OK enough reminders of my kippers fried in lard something to taste all day.

There's been a resurgence on the benefits of good lard. Found a local source of leaf fat from organically Berkshire porc. Make my own lard. I don't use it often, but anything fried in it, on a cast iron pan... wow. Lucky you guys in the US and EU can get Mangalita porc... even better.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
discussion reminds me of this old viz advertorial

Attachments

• lard.jpg
    lard.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 96
This, my friends, is what's great about America.

Hahaha. That is quite correct!

Recently I was on a business trip in Chicago. It is the city with the highest Serbian population in US and naturally with plenty of Serbian restaurants. I had a chance to visit Caffe Beograd, and to my pleasant surprise it is the closest gastronomical experience one might have, short of visiting Serbia. If you are interested in sampling typical Serbian kafana (basic restaurant) menu, I strongly recommend it. For the lucky ones, do not miss an outstanding selection of fruit brandies to compliment your meal. The place is very simple, casual place on the street corner. If interested, I will be very happy to help with selection. Obviously, I have no connection with the place.

Beograd Chicago - serbian & regional balkan cuisine - since 1984 - beograd chicago