The food thread

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I've grown to like tofu. My wife is Japanese, so she knows how to make the most of it. I've heard about the estrogen thing and I actually suspect that the feminization of so many men in Japan is due to high tofu consumption. I simply balance my consumption of non-GMO tofu with adequate quantities of wild game meats.

No moobs yet. :)

I remember buying a bottle of Everclear in Skagway Alaska in 1981 for a friend. I don't think he ever forgave me.:D

Lamb's 151 with a dash of Coke was our regular dinner aperitif when I worked on the cruise ship.

jeff

That's one way to make Coke palatable :p

Remember the original Orange Crush? With mint chocolate chip ice cream, made for a great float as served up at Mrs Frost's corner store (Oak Bay and Foul Bay Rd junction, circa '65)

As for the Tofu - there are dozens of ways to spark it up, but quinoa ain't one of them

Last edited:
The meal may contain 'all the nutrition' but it won't necessarily deliver it to the body.
Tofu (soy) contains enzymes which stop the body from taking up vitamins and others (or may be the same) which are oestrogen analogues.
I have heard that one cup of soy milk has an effect on the male body similar to taking one birth-cotrol pill.

The labour-intensive traditional ways of making tofu and soy sauce break down some of those enzymes but modern, industrial processes do not.

Soy in any form should not be consumed regularly by anybody.

Cowpies. respectfully. I lived abroad for a year, ate that stuff all the time and never had a problem with my constitution. I was in the best shape of my life at that time. Hearsay is just what it is.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Well, we ate the last of the deer steaks last night, so it looks like we'll be having tofu quite a bit more often this summer. Although, I do have about 20 pounds of tougher deer meat which I will combine with about 20 pounds of pork and pork fat and bring to the local deli to have made into bratwurst and keilbasa. At ~$0.50 per pound, it is a no-brainer.