The food thread

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Yes. Just a little bit.

We are VERY happy with the results. Made a pizza last night with heirloom tomatoes, olive oil, thyme, salt, and aged provolone.

Sounds like a great pizza!

The wife will be happy to know that we can add some whole grain to the pizza without ruining the flavor or consistency.

I made pancakes for Father's Day and added a bit of King Arthur whole wheat flour. I got lucky on the proportion and the whole family agreed that the result was very good and voted it their new favorite pancake recipe.

We had pizza night yesterday. No one left any pizza on their plates. ;) It was an encore request.

Ce soir, all vegetarian with summer is golden.

Un :
Cucumber & fat Greek yogur soupe wedding, on a concentrated (fresh vegetable all-stars) stock base, basil.
Served with twirled and spiced dough battons from the euven.

Deux :
Ratatouille Nicoise with a kinky twist.
Fresh baked frog bread, also from the euven.

Trois :
juice of orange, strawberries, + basil.(what, again)
From my newbuy centrifugal juicer, that's been doing exotic overtime since day one.

Quatre :
pecan, almonds and honey pie, so boring, from the euven again

Ah, 77F outside and no stinkin tourists in sight or ear, life is grand !
(DTA in five minutes, and empty camera batteries, gawd-d-i)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Ya, aside from the reddish colour and the tastes of garlic, onion, mustard, celery and dill. :)

We make our own seasoned salt.

Call me lazy...never have made seasoned salt.

I recall when I taught my daughter to make a caramelized sugar earlier this year. She grabbed an old aluminum pot and as it caramelized, it gave off a foul odor and the taste was really horrible. Switch to an All Clad stainless steel sauce pan...just right.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
You had Cynthia's- no $100 cheese in that!

Told you I'm forgetful! That's right. Now if her recipe is on your food blog, I'm good to go!

Jacco - SY inspired me to start making pizza at home. The kids love it but my teen is on a health kick and asked for a personal pizza sans cheese. I obliged and after he cuts a slice, decides he doesn't like it, slaps a slice of American cheese on it and nukes it. aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhh