The Drek builder's thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jacco vermeulen said:
I thought Hrvatski and Serbian Spreakski weren't all that different ?

(You think the Croatian au-pairski we had wasn't Croatian at all ? :clown: )

You know we have to be sensitive here, and I have to be careful not to offend anyone since this subject was a hot button area for many, so my explanation is needed here. (I would hope not to dig myself even deeper)

What would be politicly correct nowdays since we are talking about separate countries ( and some inhabitants of both countries insists) there are Serbian and Croatian languages. What I left and what I remember was Yugoslavia, and during that time it was serbo - croatian or croatian - serbian language (depending if you are serb or croat so the name would be appropriate) At that time it was the same language with two dialects.

I would say, when you hear Texan, you know where he is from even do he still speaks english. Or maybe closer would be english is spoken in Britain and States, but you still do not call it a separate language - those are different accents or rather dialects. That stands same for the serbo - croatian language.

The croatian dialect in Alan Ford was so cool and appropriate, and the guy who did translation from italian Nenad Brixy made the translation as the art form itself and integral part of the comic.

For many people that are not familiar with Alan Ford - that would be anyone who is not from Italy or Yugoslavia here is the link with very good descriptive text:

http://www.stripovi.com/AlanFord/

jacco vermeulen said:
Yeah well, that bean stuff has some secondary "brake" down issues.
(earlier this week me found a store that sells Ajvar, i just love experimenting with anything grilled and red.)

Make it two. Ajvar is my favorite. I even hunted it down here in States, thanks to few importers. The english title is The Vegetable Spread. Ugh... Since we are in languages, even in serbo croatian Ajvar has no translation or meaning (besides of what is it) since it's turkish word.

Turkish Ajvar can be bought around every corner overhere, various brands at the Turkish butcher shop where i get my lamb coats and at supermarkets, not quite as exquisite as my latest find.

(my g/f says i/m a very sensitive boy, so i told her to shut up)

Me better gets me a Serb paper dictionary, looks like i won't get rid of you guys rapido unless i jumps off a building.

Attachments

• ajvar-spongeturk2.jpg
    ajvar-spongeturk2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 285
In case you guys were wondering : Zha Mod and moi are 4-eyed twins, we were separated at birth because we're both so incredibly ugly.

He has a brain but no food, as in : the stuff he cremates is not meant for consumption.
Me, i'm almost as fat as Luciano the Italian stallion used to be, but life hasn't been the same after watching Hannibal and failing to come up with something other than eating out of my own skull to indulge my oral curiosity.

Example :
yesterday i stopped by at a Turkish store and inquired about Ajvar with the guy who run the shop, unfortunately even in Turkish it has no meaning.
As a sidenote, i also asked him about "Biber": apparantly it means "hot" (pepper) in Turkish.
Early this morning i had the brilliant newsflash that i could have looked it up in a Turkish-to-Cheese dictionary.

Other than that, it's clear that we really hate eachother.

Attachments

• biber2.jpg
    biber2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 397
Mmm, let's see.

For the entrée we'll start with some foie de canard, covered with a glace stewed from the feet and bones.
The duck face is the 2-spoon amuse.
With a bit of imagination the tail and liver will make some nice tournedos rossini.
After that i'll toss down the other half of the madeira bottle before i jump the mrs.

The rest of the bugge-r is chopped up as stuffing for a jolly good paté en croûte, a clever drunk also plans his meal for the next day, n'est ce pas ?

(i think in Oz they just stick the fool on the barbee)

jacco vermeulen said:
Mmm, let's see.

For the entrée we'll start with some foie de canard, covered with a glace stewed from the feet and bones.
The duck face is the 2-spoon amuse.
With a bit of imagination the tail and liver will make some nice tournedos rossini.
After that i'll toss down the other half of the madeira bottle before i jump the mrs.

The rest of the bugge-r is chopped up as stuffing for a jolly good paté en croûte, a clever drunk also plans his meal for the next day, n'est ce pas ?

(i think in Oz they just stick the fool on the barbee)

:lickface:
Escofier a trouvé son maître, je crois, M. Desmoulins.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.