The Catt Question- Is science being suppressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who's interested in the real suppressed science then feast yourselves here: Suppression, Censorship and Dogmatism in Science

Unfortunately, nearly everything I saw there was suppressed because it was wrong (and sadly, I have first-hand experience with some of them).

Tommy Gold was the exception; he was always a breath of fresh air- he was often wrong, but wasn't a crank. He was a brilliant fellow who did an excellent job of proposing hypotheses that were crazy, but consistent with the facts at the time and testable. Science would have been much poorer without him.

Since such things get bandied about here at times, well, it becomes obvious that there must be at least one monitoring and interfering individual here, on DIYAudio. Now, who is it? That is the question, isn't it?

After all, this board is too big, and filled with too many inquisitive, free thinking, and communicative minds to be left out of such monitoring.

Now you're scaring me.

Since such things get bandied about here at times, well, it becomes obvious that there must be at least one monitoring and interfering individual here, on DIYAudio. Now, who is it? That is the question, isn't it?

After all, this board is too big, and filled with too many inquisitive, free thinking, and communicative minds to be left out of such monitoring.

It HAS to be SY. The LED thing is just his NSA/CIA designed cover.

I wish I was in Hangzhou with abraxalito. Gorgeous city.

Or none of you guys watch movies.

Haven't seen too many films 20 years my senior; but I get the reference after a short google.

Crassus promises the captives that they will not be punished if they will identify Spartacus or his body. Spartacus and Antoninus stand up, but before Spartacus can speak, Antoninus shouts "I'm Spartacus!" One by one, each surviving slave stands, shouting out "I'm Spartacus!" Crassus condemns them all to be crucified along the Appian Way from the battlefield to the gates of Rome, against Batiatus's wishes.

Unfortunately, nearly everything I saw there was suppressed because it was wrong (and sadly, I have first-hand experience with some of them).

So the ones you don't have first-hand experience of are wrong too? Do put up some pointers so we can each do our own research. Oh, and is there a scientific meaning for the word 'crank' that you've been using here and there - I often hear it bandied around by scientists, but does it have a psychological definition? Or is it merely a dismissive label with no scientific basis?

Mostly, though much of it doesn't even rise to the level of wrong. Tommy Gold excepted. There's aren't many Tommy Golds in this world, unfortunately.

There's precisely none since he died over 5 years ago. I'm enjoying reading his writings on that site and agree with his characterization that probably no contemporary person meets his definition of a scientist - perhaps Brian Josephson, Humberto Maturana and Donald Hoffman come jolly close though.

Ah, nothing scientific there, its just as I was assuming - a way of dismissing someone's views without examination of the evidence. Ironic that it would be so much in vogue amongst 'scientists':p

Status
Not open for further replies.