The Catt Question- Is science being suppressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you don't mean I'm being derisive!

nope

As well, if the OP were to get any form of cancer and begin using every combination of salt and soda he could come up with, I and people of like mind certainly woudn't be his main problem.

That's true. However, if I was a Doctor who discovers a natural cure for cancer with a 80 per cent success rate once almost certainly fatal, and completed a study demonstrating that fact, depending upon how I conducted myself after the "agency" came calling, I might go to jail.

If read the one link a have provided you with any depth at it's site, you already know about Doctor. Meantime, the clear fact shown by the public ignorance of that cure spreaks for itself, wouldn't you agree?

All I know, is if I get the dreaded affliction it won't be to the Doctor that I'll be going! I'll be over at cancertutor figuring me out a plan!

At every step of the way in human advance people that are unsure of the limitations are going to suspect that they may be easily overcome. I remember when I thought high performance audio amps should be cheap as any other, and that I could make them cheap. Well first I discovered that it couldn't be done cheap, and then that I could couldn't do it anyway. Without the programs that became freely availble on the internet in the last couple of years, I still wouldn't have any idea.

I don't know anything about aether. Apparently nobody else really does either.

From what I read much the same can be said of gravity! :)

AFAIK Tesla never proposed that he knew how to create cheap/free energy, but a wireless delivery system.

Huh? What did I say?

Originally Posted by heyday
Tessla made the promise that he could deliver cheap electricity wirelessly to the public.I seem to recall that the tower that he built with his own funds to deliver his promise after Carnagie withdrew his financial support still stands today.

The "grid" as we know it today was probably developed via massive amounts of political stong-arming, graft, and corruption. Power beaming was probably taken as a huge threat to the status quo. This idea is still alive today using near field coupling, but efficiency is still a problem. The grid remains a more efficient way.

OK. But would thousands of miles of grids and probably hundreds of thousands of electrical sub stations be more effecient than a couple of dozen large towers erected around the country?

Lets keep the religion out of this please.

That's an odd comment, since I haven't breathed a word of religion here, unless maybe it was my resistance to imbibing your faith ands trust in a scientific explanation you don't understand and hasn't been used to debunk the Catt question. Is that what you mean?

I could care less what you believe. Where on earth did you get mystery or "keeping information to themselves" from what I said?

Well, I would think that if this information was published within a scientific journal someone would have pointed it out by now, wouldn't you ?

I'm not prepared to go back to graduate school in physics, and I don't limit my understanding to what I cull off of the web. Most professionals I know don't put their findings up on web pages to invite public discourse. I'm talking about the current state of physics research published in any number of refereed journals.

Good enough. See above and below.

I was unaware that this is a raging controversy except maybe among the free energy kooks trying to discredit all science.

Well, the controversy that I see is that we have two "experts" picked by the International Society of Electrical Engineers (Said society admittingly having a duty to investigate and try to solve problems related to Electromagnetic Theory who have then picked two "experts" in the field to answer the question, where both "expert" opinions are in conflict with each other (one of those expert opinions being the "ping pong" anology you decribe as being "defective") so that now at least one of these two theories MUST be wrong and yet the Society's reaction now is to ignore the fact while both of the "experts" are both getting far salaries, so we know that one scientist is being well paid for being wrong.

Do you see a controversy now?

So where does Catt's proposal lead us?

Well, it led me to conclude that it is a more important question to consider why it is that an esteemed Society like the one described is obviously discrediting science before trying to decide if it is a "free energy kook" that is causing the problem.

Abra, I find you insulting and crude. But there is good reason why I am viewed the way that you describe.
Around here, one of the best ways to discredit someone who poses an unpopular answer to a question, is to: Not believe that they have any credentials, including an extensive technical library, ignore any measurements they might present, and attack their test equipment, EVEN IF you don't have any access to anything remotely as sophisticated, and third, refuse to meet the people, you disagree with, directly, impugning that they are liars, cheats, and blowhards.
It is true that I offer little further evidence in this or any other website. I did my research decades ago, on TIM, circuit topologies, and capacitors, and published them. I don't find it worthwhile to do it today, but I do encourage others like PMA, Simon7000, and any others that I can, to do the measurements and publish them.
What I find most important is: If what you design works well and is then often copied by others when they learn about what you did. Check out this website for my 'children' sometime. ;-)

I can tell by this statement that you haven't the faintest clue what you are talking about on this here in particular, but I'm not going to write you a book here to lay it out for you here. By "Jew' are you referring to the khazar counterfeits?

It is plain to see that you are, along with Mr. Catt, stuck in the nineteenth century. Enough "research" will support any thesis. You should try and reset your own thesis and see what happens.

John

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Here's a little more "quirky Catt-science" Statistics as the Sword of Truth

There's a serious logical fallacy in that paper. It is stated that when the numbers show that something is not plausible, it must be the result of manipulation, conspiracy or prejudice. This is not necessarily so; if something is not plausible doesn't mean it cannot happen, only that it is unlikely. But it still can happen of course.
Conversely, if something is plausible, it is still possible that it does not occur.

Statistics is hard...

Edit: I didn't read all those Catt papers, but if his prejudice trumps his logic facilities as much as in the linked paper, I probably shouldn't bother....

jd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.