The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Scope was handy... just in case.
CViler's F5
Pure beauty, cute F4s

Attachments

• Scope-was-handy.jpg
    Scope-was-handy.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 476
  • Cvilers-F5.jpg
    Cvilers-F5.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 755
  • Beauty.jpg
    Beauty.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 469
I must confess, I'm no big tube guru (not many tube amps built lately). Doug is, though! Kudos to him. The 845 amps driving my speakers were made by my friend Ho Ngo. He builds big xmitting tube amps- I hope to see his work at BAF events in the future. Great to hear wrenchone's shrine amp finally, too!

Truly a great day Great day sharing some lovely sounds, concepts, equipment and ideas. Co-operation. Kinda like Burning Man!:D

Thanks to all for making it another fantastic gathering!

Attachments

• 845amp-speakers.jpg
    845amp-speakers.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 456
Mark's wife managed the door!

Food was great - thank you ladies very much. They worked so hard and it was typical Sausalito cold and windy afternoon. Natasha (in the middle) and Christian ( CViler) - helped so much in making this show success.

The day after the show, on Monday we had such a storm with heavy rain. I suspect this guy had to do something with it. He had his doppler radar for speaker measurement. Great idea! ;)

Attachments

• Guy-with-radar.jpg
    Guy-with-radar.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 298
  • Natasha.jpg
    Natasha.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Marks-wife.jpg
    Marks-wife.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 392
To be continued... Time to sleep.

Just one note - for all people that were making shots. I would be happy to post your shots on the Burning Amp web. Please contact me in order to give you my FTP info, so that you could upload your images. There was also video crew present. It would be great to have their material on the web as well.

I am best reached through the link on this forum.

Thank you

AR2 - Vladimir

I must confess, I'm no big tube guru (not many tube amps built lately). Doug is, though! Kudos to him. The 845 amps driving my speakers were made by my friend Ho Ngo. He builds big xmitting tube amps- I hope to see his work at BAF events in the future. Great to hear wrenchone's shrine amp finally, too!

Truly a great day Great day sharing some lovely sounds, concepts, equipment and ideas. Co-operation. Kinda like Burning Man!:D

Thanks to all for making it another fantastic gathering!

I mentioned your speakers on another thread but couldn't remember which drivers you used. I think the original poster would be interested.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Guys and gals,

just some admin details: would those who won a free subscription to AudioXpress or Elektor Electronics please mail in their certificate to:

Customer Service,
Audio Amateur Inc,
PO Box 876
Peterborough, NH, 03458-0876
USA

Don't forget to include your address and email!

thanks,

jd

Last edited by a moderator:
During the amp comparisons upstairs, the first amp demonstrated on the NHT speakers was based upon a Nat Semi driver. It was an LME ..something ...something. I wanted to write it down but had neither pen nor paper. Can anyone tell me the part number?

I am pretty sure you are talking about the one Mark Brasfield (audioman54) and myself brought. It uses the LME49811 chip. The LME49810 and LME49811 are very similar except the '810 has an AB output stage and higher current output. The '811 has a class A output and limited output current, and seems to be the best for sound quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.