The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Chris, you are always an asset!
If it is the right thing for you, then show up, you have a place to stay.
I'm constantly amazed that people travel long distances for our event, but I am grateful that they do, and it makes me feel that we are doing something worthwhile.

We always allow people to bring stuff to swap or sell. The only problem is that in the past there was so much free stuff around that people balk at paying anything - even if later they are slapping themselves on the forehead for not getting something.

Mark

WBS said:
As long as we are brainstorming possible demos, how about a demo for bi-amping?

Does anyone have an active crossover they would be willing to bring? It would be interesting to take a pair of speakers that are capable of bi-amping and hear the difference in sound between bi-amping and mono-amping them.

I am pretty confident that I will bring an active crossover. Last year, I demoed my ScanSpeak 2-ways with tweeter waveguide and passive crossover. My goal is to convert them to custom analog active crossovers. I have done this style before, so I should have a good chance of success.

My intention was to simply present the active version. But you bring up an interesting point and I might be able to do an A/B comparison with the passive crossovers. My passives aren't perfect (but pretty good); so the FR may be off a few dB between the crossovers.

Is this of interest to others?

Edit: I guess I missed viewing the last page, if Jack is doing a talk, I will probably just bring the active version. (Unless there is over overwhelming interest in another comparison.)

OMG! SY, you live in Austin now?! I seriously considered it in the early '90s. I take it you'll be joining the fun on October 18. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Am I recalling correctly that Jack demoed his Sonotube line array using a tube active crossover, the one with the glass front? I think it was brought up from L.A. Doesn't AR2 know the owner?

That would be way cool if we could swing that!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.