The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
" ... Yes, we will have CD player and computer for everyone to use, as well as MAudio Fire Wire 410 outboard sound device. I will bring SCAD/DVD Audio as well. ..."

I have several similar devices if needed for comparisons: A new, unopened OppoDigitall.com "universal" player model 980, ... an EchoDigital.com AudioFire2 ... plus assorted FireWire cables ... and a whole bunch of other USB and FireWire cables including Opticis.com DVI, HDMI, USB and FireWire fiber optical isolation extensions ... and of course a selected array of source material ... Just let me know ... :D ... all about 40 miles north of the event ...

On my side - I just received by FedEx a very cool CD drive from LossLess Audio and their special power cords. Check their site - very cool stuff:
www.LessLoss.com/people.html

They are coming all away from Lithuania for the Burning Amp and I am sure they will be happy for us to use their really cool drive and DAC if needed.
There is Twisted Pear DAC as well so I think we are quite well put together on the digital side.

Next:
Schedule is posted on the site. Please make sure that times are fine for you and that you could comfortably make it. We do not want you stressed rushing to the show.

:)

Brian: WOW! Sweet looking DAC, really looking forward to hearing it. Does the USB work with Mac or PC?

Lots of inspiring goodies in the gadgets preview thread as well.

I'm still scrambling to get the CUGS preamp ready ... it will be working, but at this point it's down to packaging. Right now the pieces are still on a sheet of plywood. The chassis still needs quite a bit of work and then final assembly, plus some power supply regulators. Worst case I'll have to run the preamp off my bench supplies, but either way my evenings will be busy leading up to the event!

In light of this, I've decided to scale back my effort just a hair (not too much)... I think I signed up to bring just a bit more than I can handle at this point, and with the larger attendance / # of exhibitors, there probably won't be enough time to show it all. So I'd rather focus on a few things instead of trying to bring everything plus the kitchen sink...

I'll still be bringing my CUGS w/ Rakk DAC (integrated into the preamp chassis) of course, plus the squeezebox, and my Krutke Seas L18 speakers and test gear. But since Jan and I agreed to collaborate and demo his error-correcting power amp together with my preamp and speakers, I've decided not to bring the tube amp (it runs, but needs a few minor fixes - don't think I'll have time to do it), and I'll probably leave the headphones out as well, unless someone desperately wants to hear the CUGS driving 'phones.

Safe travels to everyone... looking forward to seeing you all there!

Hi All, Looks like I will be able to make it to Burning amp. woot!

I can offer to bring a SlimDevices Transporter if anyone is interested.
I can also bring all the associated kit ( laptop, router, 300GB's of flacs) if required, but would much rather enjoy the event rather than baby-sitting a bunch of gear.

So if hiFiZen, or anyone else, is interested let me know.

Who knows, we may be able to answer the SB / SB + Dac / Transporter question.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Grahame

Grahame,

SD Transporter would be great, and a welcome addition to be sure. I think most of the participants will be babysitting some gear, so don't sweat it - you'll fit right in! :rolleyes:

I haven't decided exactly what I'll do for a slimserver. If someone else will already have a computer set up to handle slimserver duties, I can just bring a USB drive with FLAC files on it, and that would simplify my preparations a fair bit. I do have a contingency plan, but of course it would be more gear to manage.

Yes, It works fine with Mac, Windows, Linux, even BSD.

Cool! I'm definitely gonna want a good listen to this one...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.