The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DSP_geek : Yes I've been to dim sum places and used to eat there every afternoon when I lived in HK. I have had sticky rice but not wrapped in Lotus leaves. That must be equally interesting.

Variac: Plan ticket is being organised .I've been checking out the most economical way of getting there. So far it looks like the longest route ( via Frankfurt !) is cheaper than via the Pacific . Strange !

I can help you put together the eats.
Cheers,
Ashok.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I would be grateful for any help, so thank you Ashok. Getting ready for the event will be fun I think... being one of the "management"

We will be working friday night and saturday morning I'm pretty sure!!

When you people e-mail AR2 mention if you can help. Sat morning for instance..

Thank You,
Variac

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
janneman said:

Hi Walter,

YES! And the drawing was OK. They made a mistake, doing it over again. As soon as I have the plate I'll send you a pic.
Is the top plate for my error correction amp.

You coming to SF ;) ?

Jan Didden

Walter,

See attached the pic from the amp. Waiting for the boards.
As you see, the lettering itself come out OK, but they 'polished' the area near the text, so now I have to polish the whole plate. Since this was their 2nd try, I gave up asking them to redo it...

You coming to SF? I got a ticket for 672 $, (< 500 euro).

Jan

Attachments

• paxbox-2.jpg
    paxbox-2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 379
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
It looks like we might have the opportunity to get an EVEN BETTER (hard to believe, no? ) location in S.F. that is more accessible and would have better acoustics. The downside is that it will cost something, but it is in a location that people are used to visiting for this type of event and turnout should be a lot better.... We are hammering out the details now, and will report them as soon as they are (hopefully ) finalized..
Variac

Variac said:
It looks like we might have the opportunity to get an EVEN BETTER (hard to believe, no? ) location in S.F. that is more accessible and would have better acoustics. The downside is that it will cost something, but it is in a location that people are used to visiting for this type of event and turnout should be a lot better....
Variac

How about security? The higher turnout concerns me because that implies visitors from outside our inner sanctum. A lot of lovingly built gear will be sitting there over one night, perhaps two, and it'd be a shame to lose it.

We have recruited a clan of attack trolls with particularly hairy toe-knuckles for security duty. The leader, Magog, assures me that they will eat any casualties before the police can investigate.

The new location will be well-patrolled at night, but we'll all have to be eyes and ears during the event.

Here are some images from the new space. We loved the space so much, particularly for the acoustics. Carpet covers all the floors and walls are covered with acoustical panels!!!

My space was huge challenge since it has horrible acoustics - concrete floors and walls with 25 - 30 Ft height. It would present tremendous amount of work that would need to take the place before the event and without chance to test it.
So the new space is much safer bet from the acoustics stand point.

The new place is the old Fire House!
It is located in the complex called Fort Mason - old military fort, now days used for various entertainment events such as BattleBots that many people love to watch on TV around the world, and Macy's Passport. As you see we are right on the water with direct view to the Alcatraz, Golden Gate and Marin.

We will have this whole Fire House for our use, and the building is 100% self contained - separated from any other building in the complex. We are still working on the details about the space - exact hours e.t.c. and we will let you know in the few days the full info once we have everything signed and confirmed.
So here we are - The Fire House for The Burning Amp (How funny is this?)

Attachments

• fire house front.jpg
    fire house front.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 293
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.