The Burning Amp 2015-Schedules & Info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BA 2015

Hello Variac

Me and a friend would like to volunteer for BA2015, we did volunteer before. This time we would like to bring a Tube DAC (still building it, should be done by then), and a 211 amplifier. We might bring a pair of Open Baffle speaker but not too sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20150527_182635.jpg
    IMG_20150527_182635.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20151012_221143.jpg
    IMG_20151012_221143.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20151012_222422.jpg
    IMG_20151012_222422.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 182
Below is a list of a few things that I hope to bring (space permitting) to Burning Amp for the raffle:

Amplifier Revival Restoration Project
Dynaco ST-150: there are two chassis (mostly complete). In one the PS has been removed and the amp was run from batteries. You could simply replace the batteries and get a bat powered version, albeit with lower output power. The other chassis has the complete PS. So you could combine the two two get a fully working amp. Supposedly a very good sounding amp, albeit from the late 1970s.

10uF PP 100V caps:
Have a bag of 100pcs of these and will try to raffle off sets of 10 or 20pcs. These are the same caps that Madisound sells here:
https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/surplus-capacitors/10.0-mfd-polypropylene-cap-10mfdp/tyee/

Toroidal Power Transformers:
Two identical 500VA, transformers. 115V single primary with multiple secondaries: 62-0-62Vac, 0-12Vac, 16.5-0-16.5Vac. New condition. The high voltage secondaries could be used as the source for an amp working into 8R or higher loads. Current capability is not there to sustain full output into 4R for instance, however. Still, a very nice pair.

Crossover Contest Drivers:
If the winner of the crossover contest will not be present to claim them (likely) they will be included in the general raffle as a set. These are some very nice midwoofers and tweeters!

Other Loudspeaker Drivers:
A smattering of drivers for any and all interested speaker builders. Of note are three Adire Shivas (marked Avatar Audio, so early version of this famous driver), one with a small tear (repairable) in the dust cap. This is a 15mm Xmax 12" subwoofer for those youngsters who weren't around DIY audio when Avatar/Adire had its heydey. The full TS parameters and other specs are available here: http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/ShivaDUMAX.jpg

Airplay Wireless Streaming Receivers:
I have four of the M2 and one M1. The main difference is that the M2 has an external antenna. These are pretty interesting dlna and airplay streaming receivers. You stream over your WiFi to them using TuneBlade or Airfoil (and others). They have optical spdif output, and can provide pretty good sound at CD-quality.

FreeDSP kit:
This is the full FreeDSP kit. I didn't get around to building this one, so I'd like to find it a new home. Just like the minDSP2x4, but better!

Parts-Express catalogs:
Not a raffle item per se, but PE was nice enough to send me a big box of their latest catalog. PE is Parts-Express, an Ohio based electronics reseller (including DIY parts and consumer gear). If you are a speaker builder you already know about them. Stop by my setup at Burning Amp and pick up a catalog to see what they have to offer you. They are always introducing new items. Not a surplus/closeout place but they do often have great deals on limited runs of drivers at really low prices.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
We'll need TT's at various places. Let's just see Fri night and Sat AM who might need one. Also people- bring phono linestages!

And Vinyl and CD's and interconnects and power strips! and computer servers! We need music to play and so do you! People always leave their cables home- don't! Keep extra stuff in your car in case you need it- we have covered free parking
My phone is 910-4225 You'll need it to get in/or up to the 3rd floor!

Mark,

I'll be bringing a TT, tonearm(s), and pre amp - tube MM phono/line. I'm not sure what room that would put me in.

I may be there Fri night. I'll let you know.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Off to the Ampere room!!

Hi All!

I just wanted to post the gear that I'm bringing to BA:

- DIY Belt-Drive TT, with Clearaudio Arm, and Benz Micro LOMC
- Phono Stage based on the PassDIY Pearl 2
- Line Stage PreAmp, based on the PassDIY B1 Buffer Preamp

Looking forward to seeing all of the cool gear and meeting other like-minded audio crazies!!

Planning to be there for setup Friday, and am available to help with the teardown Sunday if you still need volunteers...

Cheers,
Jim.

To fool bots I left off my area code in the post above - it's (415)

Best I can tell, YES!

Thank You

When people start speaking on Saturday, and when they end on Sunday?
I can't be there all the time, but I can bring the equipment, set it up, then come back and disassemble. I have extra outputs from the console (both XLR +4 dB and RCA -10 dB), so people who record video can use them.

Anatoliy

When people start speaking on Saturday, and when they end on Sunday?
I can't be there all the time, but I can bring the equipment, set it up, then come back and disassemble. I have extra outputs from the console (both XLR +4 dB and RCA -10 dB), so people who record video can use them.

Anatoliy

Nevermind, I found the info.
I will come most probably Friday evening to bring and set up the equipment.

Anatoliy

KCSM jazz swap meet also 10/17

I won't be able to make it but, surprisingly there is another interesting event nearby to you--the KCSM jazz swap meet (vinyl! jazz!):

KCSM Community Stations | San Mateo, California

KCSM is a great radio station.

OOPS I mistook this event as being 10/17--its 10/31, Halloween!. Still of interest for anyone local, though.

Randy

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.