The Burning Amp 2015-Schedules & Info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Whew - here's what will make it to BA

Solid State - "SiC Puppy Silicon Carbide class A amp, "Le Mutant" Class A amp (all mirrors, no smoke), a version of "Le Fake" Class A amp using BSS159 front end, and maybe a plain vanilla Class AB amp with mosfet outputs.

Vacuum State - "Kingfisher" Class AB P-P amp with Fisher 500B iron, "Miz Piggy" sweep tube class A SE amp

2 preamp setups- one with open loop MM pream, and one witjh feedback based MM preamp (sorry, no LOMC this time)

Sources
Denon DP1100 TT with DL160 high output MC cartridge, Cal Audio Labs CL-15 CD player

Speakers - Tri-trix transmission line speakers

Those with some nice speakers are encouraged to bring them by, as I'd like to hear some of my amps with classier speakers than I've been able to manage so far.

In the spirit of Papa Pass's lashups from previous BAs, the "Le Fake" is all open and screwed to a board - ugly, but nice-sounding,

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Ok the last 3 have been added to Friday night. I think we have enough people for then.

Sunday could use some help. Probably the people who want to leave their equipment there Saturday and pick it up on Sunday. Note the hours are 10-1

Of course we'll help load things, just pull up to the curb, then move to the free covered parking after unloading..

I know it is late - but here is what I hope to bring:
- Brand new Hybrid 6sn7 2sk134/2sj49 POC design built in a DH200 chassis
- 6SN7 + 300B to MOSFET hybrid (250W) in DH500 chassis
- AK4398 DAC + 6SN7 to 2sk1058/2sj162 MOSFET Circlotron PoweDAC in HaflerPro chassis
- Open baffle MTM speakers (and perhaps subwoofers if I have room)
- Assorted DACs and SPDIF (wireless)
Which room should I go to Saturday AM?

Thanks,
Denis

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I had a great time. My special thanks to Stuart and Vlad for helping me get Internet. Without them there wouldn't have been a broadcast. They really went the extra mile. Getting up at 4AM has caught up with me, so I think I'm signing off for now. I'll talk to you from The Fortress of Solitude soon. :)

LIVE from BAF 2015

LIVE from BAF 2015

Here's a view from the Kahng Room with everything set up:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
and with a group of listeners:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by for making this a great first burning amp for me. Honored to be neighbors with Nelson Pass and Siegfried Linkwitz.

I know it is late - but here is what I hope to bring:
- Brand new Hybrid 6sn7 2sk134/2sj49 POC design built in a DH200 chassis
- 6SN7 + 300B to MOSFET hybrid (250W) in DH500 chassis
- AK4398 DAC + 6SN7 to 2sk1058/2sj162 MOSFET Circlotron PoweDAC in HaflerPro chassis
- Open baffle MTM speakers (and perhaps subwoofers if I have room)
- Assorted DACs and SPDIF (wireless)
Which room should I go to Saturday AM?

Thanks,
Denis

Denis, do you have any pics of your DH500 hybrid? I'm trying to use your design to make my own tube/mosfet hybrid. Thanks!

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
So vilfort, are you the guy who was playing operatic music that I found a room for? I remember coming by your room later and it was empty except for this gorgeous voice of a woman singing. It was sad to have this lovely voice and no one to hear it so I sat there for a while to help out...

What drivers did you use in your speakers? I'm guessing Eton..

Mark

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.