The Blackmores- A Crazy Lowther build...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Picked them up from the painters... they did a hell of a job... I'll be gluing the bloodwood inserts in tomorrow, but I figured I'd toss up a few pics..

excuse the dust as the shop is forever spewing it out :p

P1010515.jpg

P1010516.jpg

P1010517.jpg

P1010518.jpg

Hi trusound,

Really cool! Forgive me if you covered this, but is there a woofer that accompanies this very sleek design?

Thank you so much for the compliments!!!!!!!!!!!

this particular pair was purpose built for the client who already had the woofers.. as I build custom pieces per client..

But I am doing a limited run of these with a pair of AE subs incorporated into the base and I'll be starting those very soon

So after a few nights of bugging John at Acoustic Elegance until the wee hours in the morning.. I give you the final concept version of the Blackmore v2 that I will be doing a limited run of.

What is similar to the original Blackmores is the dipole Lowther which will still be the PM6A, but the base will house 2 Lambda 6's with opposing 10inch passive radiators giving a frequency response down to mid 30hz..

This very progressive approach still allows a very sleek, slim and organic design...

scan0002.jpg

Fantastic looking frames, but how much bass do you expect to get from unbaffled Lowthers? I suspect SFA.

I'ver never heard good bass from a Lowther unless you build things like the monster "Big Fun Horn" or similar.

Regards, Allen
Have to agree with allen, look great but surely won't do bass. I tried some EX3's in my open baffles and they sounded thin to say the least, although I must admit they were still requirung some breaking in. Lowthers have fantastic midrange but bass is always a problem. Again I think they look superb and with some 15" woofers tucked away somewhere looks to be a nice project.

Have to agree with allen, look great but surely won't do bass. I tried some EX3's in my open baffles and they sounded thin to say the least, although I must admit they were still requirung some breaking in. Lowthers have fantastic midrange but bass is always a problem. Again I think they look superb and with some 15" woofers tucked away somewhere looks to be a nice project.

Thanks a the compliments Paul...

As stated before, they are not designed nor intended to do bass... these will be mated with subs that my client already has..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.