The Blackmores- A Crazy Lowther build...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks again for all the input..

Here is a crappy picture of the clients setup who I am building these for.. When I first sat down I giggling as I didn't put much merit into it.. but after the first couple verses I was in awww.. I thought the open baffle setup was magical and then I heard this and was even better IMO.. So I know it works and works so magically well..

sorry for the crappy blurry pic as it was from my phone is the only one I have

P1010419.jpg

Hey all, progress has been a little laxed this week as momma has been on vacation and I have been spending as much family time as I can... plus my little girl turned 5 yesterday :cry:... so things have been a little crazy..

but I put 2 layers of sealer on the inlays and have been blocking the pieces in preparation for shooting the slick sand on them..

P1010468.jpg

P1010470.jpg

P1010471.jpg

P1010472.jpg

P1010473.jpg

After scanning the thread text (trying not to look at just the pics lol) I'm didn't see it asked yet so here goes.

The piece that connects the lowther baffle to the structure looks fairly thin. How strong/rigid is it with the driver mounted. I'd imagine that the large motor structure on that driver hanging waaay out back would induce quite a bit of leverage on that attachment point.

For the next pair with the 12 in the lower section, do you think it might become a problem?

It's deceivingly strong.. It's 2 pieces of 1/2 laminated along with fiberglass.. It's not going anywhere..

With the Lambda design nothing will change except making the base a little wider and the back arch a little thicker..

Now the ones I build for the field coil and Lambda 15 will be beefier :cool:

After scanning the thread text (trying not to look at just the pics lol) I'm didn't see it asked yet so here goes.

The piece that connects the lowther baffle to the structure looks fairly thin. How strong/rigid is it with the driver mounted. I'd imagine that the large motor structure on that driver hanging waaay out back would induce quite a bit of leverage on that attachment point.

For the next pair with the 12 in the lower section, do you think it might become a problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.