The Aleph Design Reloaded

No i don't......

Go to google and search for "wakefield thermal extrusion search". Then try to match up your heatsink with one of theirs. They have a lot of extrusions so you should be able to.get very close if not exact. This is what I did with mine and it was almost exact.

I would like to say your heatsinks will be large enough, but its best to determine it based on their actual ratings and not what someone "thinks" is going to be enough.

Thanks! Will do that. I see a lot builders use rods ( i hope that is the right name for it, bit of a language barrier for me) to connect the heatsinks together. Is this the best way? I get it is handy because you can fix the top and bottom plates to them. But in terms of heat transfer , the beat way? Or does a strip of aluminium have the same effect.

Not, single sided boards

Yes, one heatsink per channel

heatsink is CM e not MM

best regards

It looks like the heatsink backing plate is at least 10mm thick if not 12.5mm so heat spreading is probably not as much of a concern. However if I had such large heatsinks and I was designing a board to be used on them. I'd put the mosfets sticking horizontally off of the ends, two on the left and two on the right. If you did it this way you could even possibly add a third mosfet on each side to create an Aleph 5 in the future if you so desired. Always keep your options open. :D

It looks like the heatsink backing plate is at least 10mm thick if not 12.5mm so heat spreading is probably not as much of a concern. However if I had such large heatsinks and I was designing a board to be used on them. I'd put the mosfets sticking horizontally off of the ends, two on the left and two on the right. If you did it this way you could even possibly add a third mosfet on each side to create an Aleph 5 in the future if you so desired. Always keep your options open. :D

yes :D :D :D

It's not as straightforward as I thought on a stock Aleph 3 circuit board. I opened it up and the input differential pair has 2 4-pin IRFD1040...a daughter board might be needed to accommodate 2 2SJ74s and maybe add Source resistors to somehow lower their Vds.

It's not as straightforward as I thought on a stock Aleph 3 circuit board. I opened it up and the input differential pair has 2 4-pin IRFD1040...a daughter board might be needed to accommodate 2 2SJ74s and maybe add Source resistors to somehow lower their Vds.

I can't find that part number. You sure they are not like these IRFD9210's. They look like 4 legs but are actually 3. I know that the irfd9210 was used in some of the Pass designed adcom products from back then.