The 15 Song Album collection:

The whole electronic dance music scene very definitely had its roots in the underground gay nightclubs. So in this respect Steve's comment is accurate. Whilst I am not overly offended by this comment it does sit very delicately on the thin line between humour and offensive speech.

If you were to talk about the House scene that happened 15 years later you would be correct but this is Disco which has never been very underground. It was a huge seller and played in every European nightclub at the time.

Let's clear this up. My parties were always inclusive. I'd play Transexual Amanda Lear, Gay Bronski Beat and anything else I considered to have merit like Mr. Barry White or Tamla, and especially female like Carole King (just my orientation). I am proud of my Country's lack of bias. Everybody is OK, IMO. I'm OK, you are OK.

Songs/music that defined/defines a genre.

01 - 21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson (Prog Rock)
02 - Anarchy In The UK - Sex Pistols (Punk Rock)
03 - Walk This Way - Run DMC (Rock/Rap)
04 - Good Times, Bad Times - LZ (Hard Rock)
05 - Interstellar Overdrive - The Pink Floyd (Drug Rock)
06 - Veteran Cosmic Rocker - Moody Blues (Doubtless on Drugs too)
07 - Ko-Ko - Charlie Parker (Jazz)
08 - Blackboard Jungle Dub - Lee 'Scratch' Perry (Reggae)
09 - I Feel Love - Donna Summer And Giorgio Moroder (Quite what we used to call, without aspersions, Gay...)
10 - Paper plane - Status Quo (3 Chord Rock)
11 - Roxette - Dr. Feelgood (Pub Rock)
12 - Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley & His Comets (Rock and Roll)
13 - Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (Grunge)

Songs/music that defined/defines a genre.

01 - 21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson (Prog Rock)
02 - Anarchy In The UK - Sex Pistols (Punk Rock)
03 - Walk This Way - Run DMC (Rock/Rap)
04 - Good Times, Bad Times - LZ (Hard Rock)
05 - Interstellar Overdrive - The Pink Floyd (Drug Rock)
06 - Veteran Cosmic Rocker - Moody Blues (Doubtless on Drugs too)
07 - Ko-Ko - Charlie Parker (Jazz)
08 - Blackboard Jungle Dub - Lee 'Scratch' Perry (Reggae)
09 - I Feel Love - Donna Summer And Giorgio Moroder (Quite what we used to call, without aspersions, Gay...)
10 - Paper plane - Status Quo (3 Chord Rock)
11 - Roxette - Dr. Feelgood (Pub Rock)
12 - Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley & His Comets (Rock and Roll)
13 - Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (Grunge)
14 - Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath (Heavy Metal)

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Oh, Freddie... I recently watched a documentary about his life—boy had he parties!

yeah, this theme is very fruitful! (maybe a little bit too open—generally/not in the context of Donna?) Still, those open themes are very welcome as long as they're not becoming the dominant thing... (a bit of chatter here and there, great, but please not every one...)

I hope Barryso agrees, as he was the poster, but I hardly think there was no jazz before Ko Ko by Charlie Parker seeing it was recorded in 1945. I imagine that the poster was referring to Bebop of which KoKo is an early example.

You are correct, it was a very early example of Bebop. If it wasn't the first Bebop recording made (after the WWII recording ban was lifted) it was pretty close.

Thought about posting Louis Armstrong and his Hot 5's as they changed jazz pretty drastically, too, a generation earlier.

Interesting topic.

01 - Television Man - Talking Heads
02 - Watching TV With the Radio On - Barefoot Jerry
03 - 57 Channels - Bruce Springsteen
04 - Machine Messiah - Yes (well; I think it's about television)
05 - Fifteen Minutes - Kirsty MacColl (a bit obscure this one unless you're of an age to understand the line "People who saw you on Blankety Blank, or in the bank"

01 - Television Man - Talking Heads
02 - Watching TV With the Radio On - Barefoot Jerry
03 - 57 Channels - Bruce Springsteen
04 - Machine Messiah - Yes (well; I think it's about television)
05 - Fifteen Minutes - Kirsty MacColl (a bit obscure this one unless you're of an age to understand the line "People who saw you on Blankety Blank, or in the bank"
06 - The Sun Always Shines On TV - A Ha