xoc 1 design angles drawing components.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 833
  • xoc 1 design side measures.jpg
    xoc 1 design side measures.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 811
  • xoc 1 design front vew.jpg
    xoc 1 design front vew.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 363
Just curious but why is the correction method better than the disc?

I like the Xoc1 correction method because it utilizes the space bender while extending the horn path a bit. BUT it seems like the discs would provide better equal pressure across the cone as opposed to the method seen above. I will be building the drawing posted above in the near future but without the S1 addition.

I am very interested in what chrapladm builds and what drivers you use. My othorn build fell through due to cashflow issues and more pressing investments so I am now turning to the TH18 (missed out on 21inch driver sales). Right now my lighting rig needs more equipment/investment but these will be the next thing to start buying/building.

If these are good to 250hz I may match them up with some Danley SH95-HO's for my mobile rig.

Panel q

eyeballing stewin's model,it looks like pannel Q is too long.
:)
Those look just like the ones I built! AND they preform well!
Some have said you don't need the corner reflectors,but air is like water and I think water will flow better with them in the corners,
Do brace inside and make big holes in the braces,I built 2 cabinets and the one with bigger holes did sound lower and deeper at low freq. I am thinking the braces divide the horn if small holes are in the braces kinda like 2 horns?
I believe it "Q" should be 15 and 1/2 inches from the edge of the cabinet,or that's where I have mine at that gives a widening opening around the edge of Q,as drawn ,it looks like it constricts the flow there,:eek:Measure around the bend form the end of Q as long as it progresses bigger it's good.
The piece at S1 I believe helps move the positive push from the woofer forward down the horn ,if not there, would the front waves not stagnate because they would bounce back,maybe a comment from someone who knows?
Just my 2 cents,Good luck!!!!!!
Regards,
NS:D

Attachments

• Braces inside.jpg
    Braces inside.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 658
  • 101_1729.JPG
    101_1729.JPG
    330.6 KB · Views: 650
  • 101_1749.JPG
    101_1749.JPG