TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design)

Finally did some testing today!

Music quality was not the best, but good enough for some impressions. I have to say I'm not satisfied yet, it was clearly missing something. My guess wood be the bad music quality and not a good summation at the crossover point with the B1520's.

wr1cw6.jpg

Tops: Behringer B1520 (at the moment I don't have any mid/highs ;D)
Amps: 2X DAP TAS 2400 (one for each TH-18) and a different amp for the B1520 which I don't recall..
processing: Xilica XP3060

Music was just from my phone... so not the best.
Next time I'm hoping to get the mid/highs ready, and to do some measurements with SMAART.

Hi Smitske96,

Looking good! Except for the B1520's of course :p. In my experience, phones can be seriously lacking quality and low frequencies... I only use my phone for a 'line check', never for serious listening.

Btw, seeing you're based in the same small country as I am :), I'm way down south but if you're not too far away maybe we could arrange a small subwoofer shootout ;). I have a 18TBX46 loaded Keystone, 2 Titan 48's (21" wide) and my own 'drumrizer sub'.

Smitske, Thijs,

If you're based more to the north I'd be interested in a shootout as well! Maybe I'd even be willing to travel south... I have (soon 2) FLH's of my own design with the 18TBW100... Personally I think it would be cool to get a hold of a Danley to measure and compare...

Also very curious how the keystone performs!! I also have a spare 18SW115 laying around if you'd be interested in a comparisson :)

Hi Eric,

Yes, and thanks for your help ;). I still appreciate it! I'm still impressed every time I turn it up. It's definitely louder and lower than the Keystone. Well, it has to, since it is quite a bit bigger and has a better driver (18NLW9600 vs 18TBX46). It starts dropping around 28-29 Hz (really fast). I hope to measure all this summer at my sisters place, she lives outside the city.

Good day to all.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a box design for a B&C 21SW152
I really don't want a huge box. I'm trying to avoid having to
Carry around boxes that I cannot lift by myself.
So any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all

Why not build B&C's suggested ported cabinet? I've heard great reports of how clean and authoritative it sounds. Will probably be your best bet to keep the size down while retaining more output than a sealed enclosure (typically the smallest cabinet alignment).

Last edited:
hi

some photos from our testing today. next step in setting up our big system. today we made rhe time alignments. we have 6pcs of these tops, 12 pcs of the double-18s (used as long-throw low-mid extension) and 16pcs TH18 available at the moment. fist dance event we provide on june 30. yeah...

Attachments

• IMG_7732.jpg
    IMG_7732.jpg
    765.8 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_7731.jpg
    IMG_7731.jpg
    984.1 KB · Views: 380