Testing the pcm1794

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I do not have any new designs.
But your design looks really good, thanks for sharing.
Are you interested in selling me a blank pcb, so I can assemble one myself? I see it is a fair amount of soldering, very time consuming but I have the time, experience and some of those components already :)
Something I have always wanted to design for myself but never got around to it or had it all figured out. Definitely something for me to learn on the fine points of this design.

Thx
Rick

@rsavas, I sent a pm.

Physical appearence (currently I don't make or sell it):

Attachments

• IMG_5864_front.jpg
    IMG_5864_front.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_5868_back.jpg
    IMG_5868_back.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 262
Account Closed
Joined 2010
if you have 1 pnp jfet with idss in the region of the center current,which can differ from chip to chip....
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/221743-testing-pcm1794-10.html#post4057376

How do you really sim a pcm1794/98 balanced output? that 6.2ma offset found on both outputs means that a virtual ground I/V will have the correspondent DC offset at the output , while any other type of i/v circuit will need to accommodate almost a double headroom due to it.Is it something that i get wrong about these dacs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.