Terry Cain's BIB -why does it work and does anyone have those Fostex Craft Handbooks?

Here are some pictures from our living room, quite neat if I can say it myself.:D

Attachments

• 060430 023.jpg
    060430 023.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 795
last and not least ,, a close up of the front baffle..

i think i am gonna paint these cabs red,,, and will make a grille as well,,

or just start over with some real wood, but this mdf isn't too bad,,

btw ,, anyone want a pair of diy BK-16 cabs ( not the madisound flat pack kit) ?? free if you pick them up .... or they go to the dump....

later and enjoy

Attachments

• picture 227.jpg
    picture 227.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 771
Glad there is some building going on.

The last couple projects don't show any corner loading.

Why izzat?

I looked for wood today. What was dimensioned properly
was expensive and what was cheap was not cut to
any special width. Good thing I checked that stuff
in the store. I am looking to do a scratch build to see
how things sound.

The last couple projects don't show any corner loading.

I agree with Peter. I really don't see any need for corner loading)in my listening that would them 18ft apart anyway). There is more than enough bass. Now if I can only find a way to keep out the higher frequencies from of the mouth I would get my soundstage back. Well keep tinkering, I guess!

UV

i feel atm i do not need the corner reinforcement for bass, if i need it i will hook up the sub ,

other than than that i am digging these more so than we i had the drivers in the bk-16 cabs,,

wife even likes them ,, says either to paint them or get some nice wood to make the new cabs out of,, and also i am gonna make the joints at 45 degrees ,,

i have them being ran with some bottlehead paramours and spinning discs with a pioneer sacd/cd player,,

right now , it does everything i need out of music, it does seem to go very low , much lower than i would suspect this speaker to go down too, like i have said , i haven't felt the need to hook up my sub yet ,, also my room is not set up to where i have them at to ultilize both corners,, and the other set of corners,, they are very wide apart ( think old millitary housing here)

theyhave been playing for a couple of weeks,, i will start tinkering with them in a while,,

but over all , very satisfied with them , very cheap and rewarding though, ,

later all,,

wow oface!

I came from home depot today (took the kiddies so wifey could get hair and nails done) after 3 hours!!! of picking out wood and having it all cut up to spec. Pics are still in my camera but they look just like yours! LOL... it felt like deja vu actually.

mine are a mixture of finished ply and particle board. kept the price under $100 ($85.06 to be exact) for TWO BIB projects!

in the coming weeks there will be a couple new BIBs in my life lighting up my office and childrens den. Very exciting indeed!

Thanks for answering my question about the sub i see in your pic... before i even had to ask.

Godzilla

hey godzilla,,

funny you mention about the wifey's hair getting doen ,, had the same thing today ,, hah,,

wow,, you came out cheap for the wood for both projects,, can't wait to see pics,,

what drivers are you using??

the sub i have is a old htib ( home theater in a box) sub ,, it is only a 8 or 10incher ,, does its job well, i am planning on a sub(s) project here in a bit aswell, but the 'ol lady is nagging bout finishing a bookcase project that i have been putting off a bit,,

my HD here has some nice cherry ply,, but i have had to pick thourgh a good bit of the pallet to find the right gain and pattern that i want,,

i will be doing the same with my next bibs and i will give my current cabs to someone else,,,

also my bk-16 cabs are still up for grabs,, would hate to give them to the dump ,, but i need the sapce in my limited shop,,

later,,,

chris