TDA729X paralel/bridge project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I compared the datasheet of 7294 and 7293. The parallel example is not same. With 7293 the slave +- inputs connected directly to the -VS:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

-----------------------
The datasheet of 7294 is different:

and:

Really MUST be connected +- IN pins same as in datasheet depending on type of chip, or one of them good for both ICs? :bawling: :confused: :mad: :dead:

i think it doesnt make a difference. When i started to look around with 7293 around july, ST gave this datasheet (with IN to gnd). several months later i checked ST website and they gave a different datasheet, this time it is IN to V-

look at this image, taken from the old datasheet (blasnet). seems like what determines the slave is pin 4. and if it's slave what goes into IN is not important

Attachments

• 7293slave.gif
    7293slave.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 807
quekky said:
i think it doesnt make a difference. When i started to look around with 7293 around july, ST gave this datasheet (with IN to gnd). several months later i checked ST website and they gave a different datasheet, this time it is IN to V-

look at this image, taken from the old datasheet (blasnet). seems like what determines the slave is pin 4. and if it's slave what goes into IN is not important

Yes I think same. The date of the datasheet where the slave inputs (pin 2,3) connected to the ground is year 2000. The another where the inputs conected to the -Vs dated 2003. But I visited the PCB of parallel example on the datasheet, and I see, the pin 2 and 3 not used on slave chip. So I think, the pin 2 and 3 of slave is really not important, because it's off via pin 4. Thanks :)))

Finaly I did PCB for bridge/parallel 7293 chipamp. Not tested yet, I will back soon with photos when I changed my older amp to this new :)

the PCB is 30cm long for stereo amps, included protection with UPC1237, and with PWM fan controller.

Capacitors and 7293 chips will be included soon :)

I'am not sure, it was a good idea to put resistors and capacitors very closed tho the chipamps. Maybe the chips will too hot...

Hi again!

I finished the test of this "gainclone".
First I changed the toroid from 600VA to 1200VA with soft start.

The toroid is 8 kg :)

the softstart circuit is very simple and working well:

-----------------------------------

After I changed the poweramp on rack:

While testing, the 2nd chip demaged. Because 2 pins shorted :bawling:. Not at all, later the "-" part of power supply disconnected from the plug. All included chips demaged. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: Finaly the bridge with 4 chips working well, the parallel chips will be tested later.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.