• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

// TDA1541A PCB already

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a got a kit from tube-lover and it was sent as registered mail, took a couple of days!

Those pcb's are one of the most tasty I ever have laid hands on, 2 mm thick, shiny black with goldplated pads and really thick copper. From what it seems they seem to be very good when it comes to the "layout".

Goldstar and well-done! :up: :birthday: :drink:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

//TDA1541A PCB Already

hi peter,

Brian now always post steady amount of parcel so the cost by FedEx will be cheaper. He is full time to do his carer. But I still part time for this. I only wholesale & retail to local shops for my parts & products. So I use Hong Kong Post Office EMS commerical service because my parcel sometimes will more, sometimes will less. If I choose FedEx, the cost will be higher now. certainly, I hope I will choose Fedex later if my overseas parcel is steady everyday.

Anthony,

I got the email from U already & tomorrow I will contact international parcel centre. If I confirm the parcel was returning. I will post one more set to U with all the commerical invoice.

peranders

thanks for your comment, I know that U had website.
Would U care we link up to share more information.
Any suggestion of the PCB quality, layout were welcome.
I hope can makde more good items for diyers too.

For all,

Small amend for the kit.
I change the first stage ( C5 of the tube buffer PCB )rectifier cap of the 6X4 from Panasonic 400V 47uf to 20uf 250V MKP caps. The sound quality can heard was improved.
The speed of the bass, texture was large improved.

the photos shows was the two caps test very good. Due to large volumn of the caps. Three ERO MKP1845 250V 3.3uf X 3 on the top side of the PCB. The Bottom was I buy from one Speaker factory which OEM crossover from overseas speakers. The MKP cap is 250V 10uf. I got this in a reasonable price & test quite good, at least better than my solen MKP caps if use in my PCB.
So I deside the coming kits will follow with one of this cap to relief the 400V 47uf. I test already 10uf may be a little not enough for the rectifying. But 20uf MKP is enough. No Hum, so I will optional one more MKP 10uf 250V in a reasonable price to coming buyers.

It means the kit will follow one 10Uf 250V MKP cap.
But can buy one more MKP 10uf 250V in a reasonable price.
this can upgrade the sound quality.

Anthony, if I post another set of DA kit to U.
which one U like, MKP or the original one.
My friend, pls tell me. I will prepare for U.

thanks

thomas

Attachments

• ·Ó¤ù 036.jpg
    ·Ó¤ù 036.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,555
//TDA1541A PCB Already

dear all,

today I received the sample from one Netherland ( Holland) electronic parts supplier for the remain repair stock of the S1
Single crown Grade TDA1541a chips.
Total had 30 pcs. I was talking about the price. Hope can buy all & offer to my kits lovers/buyers.

pls see the photos.

This company had middle period of TDA1541a & S1
Single crown Grade TDA1541a chips.

No double crown because the double crown was select by Taiwan re-open production line. The early version the best only S1 single crown. Second & third best is N1,N2,R1,R2.

Pls waiting for my good news.

any question pls email to me.

thomas@diyaudiocraft.com

thanks

thomas

Attachments

• ·Ó¤ù 037.jpg
    ·Ó¤ù 037.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,206
//TDA1541A PCB Already

dear all,

some point in the construction menu is not clear.

for the dip switch.

The dip 1 & 5 was up (on) remainer was down.

if still cannot log by the driver. Pls checked all the soldering point first. Normally is this reason.
Another reason is the SMD cap on the bottom of the PCB.

remain reason pls try below changes,

(1) Short one upper side of trf winding
(2) Lower side trf winding add 0u1 between primary to
seconday.
(3) short C79
(4) Remove C70

Attache pls find the diagram.

normally the reason cause that cannot log the clock.

) Check all soldering point on the CS8412/8414.
2) Check the DIP switch setting to Pin 1 and 5 which should be set to 'High". All other should be 'Low'.
3) Check smd cap (470p) at the bottom of the board for soldering.
4) Check loop filter network (1K and 0.22uf and 3300p) to see if it is soldered well.
5) Check grounding and orientation of the pulse transformer.
6) Check grounding scheme of the digital input.

thanks

thomas

//TDA1541A PCB Already

For peter & SS1,agent.5,

pls email to me for detail of the kit.

thew kit will come with all chips.

1. OFC gold plated PCB of the digital section 1pc
2. OFC gold plated PCB of the I/V and output section 1pc
3. OFC gold plated Tube buffer.
4. Crystal CS/CX8414 receiver chip 1pc
5. Philips TDA1541A 16-bit D/A chips 2pc
6. Shunt regulators & all parts.
7. All transistors, caps resisters, All were Elna, CGW, dale, pureism etcs.
8. Now all the kits will come with MKP 250V 10uf cap for tube buffer 6X4 rectifier use.
pls email to me.

thomas@diyaudiocraft.com

thnaks

thomas

my finished dac, with cd pro 2m

Just to show that mine is up and running.

A somewhat industrial looking setup [at present], running and sounding fine, with 6c45pi tube buffer, decoding i2s [the spdif is fine also]. the bird's nest of cables on the right of the chassis are my solid core silver cables.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,316
Got tube buffer hum? solution may be here

I have had a lot of problems with low level hum. I applied all the usual earthing techniques to no real effect, getting to the point of remoting my transformers, and sending 11 AC signals to the DAC, also to no avail [not recommended, incidentally].

Then I read through the amendment Thomas wrote about, with regard to C5's replacement, and applied it. Must have missed it before.
I now have no audible hum at all, even at full volume.
I would say that if you haven't applied this modification and can hear hum it is well worth it. A dramatic improvment.

Oh yes, the bass is better too...':)'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.