TCMODS Edition of ACX/Orion WebUI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1 - yes
2 - yes
3 - yes

I did this via SSH: ln -s /mnt/NAS/DNS-320 /var/www/covers

I have tried this "http://tcmods/covers/FLAC/Pop Rock/Linnea Olsson/Linnea Olsson - Ah!/cover.jpg" and I can see the art in web browser

Unfortunately I still can´t see album art in Web GUI of TCMODS. As before I do see it in MPad app.

Any idea what to do?

Hi,

Verifying that the url works in the browser is important and suggests that the problem is in the cover art lookup module itself. I will investigate this.

One more piece of debug information that would be very helpful is the output of the browser error log (or console log). I am interested in error 404 lines that appear when you start a track playing.

When a cover art file cannot be found by the lookup module you will see four error 404 lines where each line contains the url. Please post back these 404 lines.

To enable the Browser console log do the following. I am only familiar with IE and Safari but other browsers should have a similar feature.

Internet Explorer 11 - press F12 key

Safari 7.1 - (1) Prefeences/Advanced/Show develop menu in menu bar (2) Develop/Show Error Console

btw, thanks for your continued effort! :)

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

Hi,

Just a quick update on what's been completed so far for release 1.2 :)

(1) The album art lookup module has been updated to use the mpd music root as the album art root and set the necessary symlink automatically on player startup. This appears to support arbitrary music dir structures for NAS and USB sources, and it eliminates the need for manual symlink setup.

(2) bug fixes!

Next is to look at improving the Webradio feature by adding new choices to the action menu.

- Add new station
- Edit station
- Delete station
- Import stations

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

======================
1.2 Release 2014-10-DD
======================

Bug fixes

- FIX: Remove extra WDET file present in Webradio update 3
- FIX: Wrong copy cource for webradio batch update in utility.sh
- FIX: album art lookup failing on usb source due to case sensitivity

Updates

- UPD: Improved album art lookup eliminates need for specific music dir structure or manual symlink
- UPD: Webradio update 4

Last edited:
Hi,

The attached image shows a prototype Action Menu that contains additional functions (create/edit/delete/import) for managing Webradio stations.

I added a UI mod to this new code to highlight the item row when the Action Menu button is clicked so it's clear which item is associated with the Action Menu. This works for all sources in the Browse panel :)

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

Attachments

• webradio manage proto1.png
    webradio manage proto1.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 76
Looked very carefully and comprehensively but couldn't spot the timer for clock-radio.....?
Maybe I am going blind (or do-lally ?) in my dotage....? :D:D:D

No Pressure ! :)

Thanks so much for the updates and continued developement efforts.
There are only so many hours in a day..! (So my comments are more gentle in intent than they may seem in print. :eek::) )

Hi,

Clock Radio is still on the to do list :) but for now I am working on building a more complete set of basic features into the player, and of course fixing bugs! Thanks for your continued patience.

With regard to Clock Radio, below is a basic design for purpose of discussion.

(1) The action menus for song/station/playlist/folder would contain a "Set for Clock Radio" pick.
(2) The selection would show up under Source: below
(3) The settings could be in the System page, a new separate page or on a popup modal. There could also be an icon on the header that toggles the Clock Radio on/off.

CLOCK RADIO
Enable: YES/NO
Play: HH:MM AM/PM
Stop: HH:MM AM/PM
Source: song/station/playlist/folder
Auto shutdown: YES/NO
Shutdown time: HH:MM AM/PM

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

Hi,

TCMODS 1.2 Beta 2 is available for download :)

This release adds improvements to make the Library panel easer to use, a collection of Web radio station logos that are displayed in the Playback panel and a few bug fixes.

Enjoy these mods!

Next up is design and code for the Webradio station create/edit/import actions.

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

=============================
1.2 Beta 2 Release 2014-10-DD

Bug fixes

- FIX: Persistent row highlighting on Browse and Library panel items
- FIX: Compilation album routine not excluding albums named "Greatest Hits"

New features

- NEW: Click-enabled column headers on Library panel for "ALL" item filters
- NEW: Action menu for Library panel song rows
- NEW: Web radio station logos displayed on Playback panel

1.2 Beta 1 Release 2014-10-DD

Bug fixes

- FIX: Remove extra WDET file present in Webradio update 3
- FIX: Wrong copy cource for webradio batch update in utility.sh
- FIX: Cover art lookup failing on USB source due to case sensitivity

New features

- NEW: Cover art and metadata on Library panel
- NEW: Webradio create/edit/delete/import station feature (INCOMPLETE)

Updates

- UPD: Improved cover art lookup eliminates need for specific music dir structure or manual symlink
- UPD: Cover art lookup works across multiple NAS/USB music sources
- UPD: Improved Browse panel, row highlights when action menu btn click
- UPD: Webradio update 4

I have downloaded latest beta version and it works fine. but I'm still having an issue to display cover art. Both in playing view as well as in library view. All covers are stored as cover.jpg file in the same folder as music files - album folder.
Any idea what can be wrong and what to try?

Lets take a look at the browser console log. I am interested in error 404 lines that appear when you start a track playing.

To enable the Browser console log do the following. I am only familiar with IE and Safari but other browsers should have a similar feature.

Internet Explorer 11 - press F12 key

Safari 7/8 - (1) Prefeences/Advanced/Show develop menu in menu bar (2) Develop/Show Error Console

TC

Hi,

TCMODS release 1.2 is available for download :)

This release adds improvements to the Library panel, improved cover art lookup that works across multiple USB and NAS sources, a collection of Webradio station logos that are displayed in the Playback panel and a variety of bug fixes. Release notes are below.

Enjoy these mods!

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

======================
1.2 Release 2014-10-31
======================

Bug fixes

- FIX: MPD consume-mode sometimes on after boot/reboot
- FIX: Persistent row highlighting on Browse and Library panel items
- FIX: Compilation album roll up not excluding albums named "Greatest Hits"
- FIX: Remove extra WDET file present in webradio update 3
- FIX: Wrong copy source for webradio batch update in utility.sh
- FIX: Cover art lookup failing on USB source due to case sensitivity

New features

- NEW: Webradio station logos in Playback panel
- NEW: Cover art and metadata in Library panel
- NEW: Click-enabled column headers for "ALL" filters on Library panel
- NEW: Action menu for song rows on Library panel
- NEW: Place holder action menu items for create/edit/delete/import Webradio station

Updates

- UPD: Add logo for alternate Webradio station string sent by EuropaJazzRadio - The Sound Of Jazz
- UPD: Remove "Web Radio - " on 2nd line in Playlist panel and increase font size
- UPD: Remove double quotes from AddictedToRadio names in Playlist and Playback panels
- UPD: Turn off hover highlight in Library panel for cleaner touch tablet scrolling
- UPD: Reduce php worker sleep time
- UPD: Improved cover art lookup eliminates need for specific music dir structure or manual symlink
- UPD: Enable cover art lookup across multiple NAS/USB music sources
- UPD: Enable row highlight when action menu btn click on Browse panel
- UPD: Webradio update 5

Hi,

Here is a brief coding update :)

Completed are some UI improvements for small screens, bug fixes, modal confirmation dialogs and radio station delete. See attached relnotes and screen shots.

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

======================
1.3 Beta 1, 2014-11-DD
======================

Bug fixes

- FIX: Missing dash between album and artist in Playlist panel
- FIX: WEBRADIO file permissions not being reset at player load

New features

- NEW: Delete radio station
- NEW: Confirmation popups for delete playlist and delete radio station

Updates

- UPD: Remove pl posn and format lines from Playback panel for more vertical space on small screens
- UPD: Automatically reduce width of Power Off and Delete Confirmation modals for small screens

Attachments

• del-radio-station.png
    del-radio-station.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 37
  • ipod-more-vert-space.png
    ipod-more-vert-space.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 24
  • ipod-pwroff-modal-sm.png
    ipod-pwroff-modal-sm.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 21
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.