TCMODS Edition of ACX/Orion WebUI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's not that I don't care, I just focus on other things until I get bug reports from people that are using the player that something is not working (like an audio format) or until someone suggests an interesting feature or an update thats not already on my to-do list for a particular release.

I do have some commonly used formats in my own collection that I use for testing for example FLAC, ALAC, AAC, WAV, MP3, etc., and I accept your criticism that the other formats you mentioned are not in my suite of audio formats.

I'm curious, have you actually tried the Player?

Regards,
TC

I still can not believe you made a distribution that is called music server without having and tried these files..

I started writing a long reply to the above sentence (and attitude), but then thought better of it.

Suffice to say that I find the above quote a very poor taste (and manners)....

:(

TC, thanks for your work, it is much appreciated - even though I don't actually use your "product", I appreciate the effort and work which you are sharing with the community - FREE OF CHARGE (hint,hint...) ;)

den_hr, I was going to say exactly your words, you were faster. Thanks a lot.

tppc, do not get discouraged. Your polite answers were incredibly patient. I would not force myself to stay so polite.

vulejov - this is how the open source community works: someone does the coding, someone else does rigorous testing, someone takes care of the documentation, etc. How have you contributed?

Apparently they are not important to those involved in the underlying projects. They are involved in order to have their problems resolved. If you need these formats, it is your turn to have that fixed. First testing it to confirm it does not actually already work. That could be your contribution, not just useless complaining.

I started writing a long reply to the above sentence (and attitude), but then thought better of it.

Suffice to say that I find the above quote a very poor taste (and manners)....

:(

TC, thanks for your work, it is much appreciated - even though I don't actually use your "product", I appreciate the effort and work which you are sharing with the community - FREE OF CHARGE (hint,hint...) ;)

Thanks for the compliment! It's nice to hear that some other DIY'ers are following the project.

Regards,
TC

den_hr, I was going to say exactly your words, you were faster. Thanks a lot.

tppc, do not get discouraged. Your polite answers were incredibly patient. I would not force myself to stay so polite.

vulejov - this is how the open source community works: someone does the coding, someone else does rigorous testing, someone takes care of the documentation, etc. How have you contributed?

Thanks! Your comments are much appreciated.

Regards,
TC

Hi,

Here's a brief update on what's happening for release 1.7 which should be complete sometime around the end of March.

(1) The player is finally getting it's own name and logotype!

(2) I've been messing around with a couple of nice PCM5122 based I2S DAC's and may integrate some of their DSP features into a settings page or popup in the player. See attached screen shot. Just to the right of volume is a Digital Filter select list that contains the following:

- FIR interpolation with de-emphasis
- Low latency IIR with de-emphasis
- Fixed process flow
- High attenuation with de-emphasis
- Ringing-less low latency FIR

There are also two gain controls and some volume stepping options. Interesting!

(3) Fix bug where Clockradio, About and Tcmods popups don't launch when one of the Config screens is displayed.

Note that this release will not have significant new feature content, it is focused mainly on reworking some of the code structure and plumbing underneath the player so I can eventually do the mods that will display a consistent radio station name throughout the player.

Currently it's really messed up... Browse displays the pls file name, Playlist initially displays the either the pls file name or the URL and then switches to the transmitted station title after play back begins, Playback displays the xmitted station title. Saved playlists only display the url since thats all MPD saves.

Regards,

TC

Attachments

• hifiberry_alsamixer.png
    hifiberry_alsamixer.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 119
Hi,

Just thought I'd mention that a user sent me a bug report yesterday regarding the Player not being able to recognize multiple USB devices attached to Pi-2B at the same time.

I was able to reproduce the issue and it is due to the way MPD and USB Mount plumbing are configured which results in a "mount-over" scenario. I made a few config changes and was able to have two devices, a USB stick and USB SSD, both attached at the same time to a Pi-2B work just fine with the player so there is hope that a player-integrated solution is possible!

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.