Tang Band W4-930SF - Full range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why do you think they sound better? Can you please describe what you hear and the differences between those three drivers?

TIA!

I have to point out that I don't have any measuring equipment so I can't test them - these are just my listening impressions. The 930's seem to have a more balanced sound - nothing is exaggerated - the highs are clear, the bass is tight and the midrange sounds right. Overall they're a smooth sounding driver.

Mind you, this is not a direct A B comparison since I no longer own the CHR or Fe but I know why I got rid of each of them. The Fe127e sounded a bit harsh and it had hissy highs. I liked the CHR; great imaging and soundstage, seem to be better than the TB's (at least so far) but they were just way too bright for my tastes. I don't hear these issues with the 930 and I only have about 7 hours on them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.