Tang Band W4-930SF - Full range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As to the Madisound distribution...

It is a possibility that they ordered through Parts Express to have their own designed units to sell, wouldn't you think? As far as I know, PE is still the exclusive north american distributor.

The Bamboo 3" that Mad has up, is actually an older model that PE never carried, so it is not new. The Neo with the magnet cup is just another version of the W3-881S.

I would personally like to see the W3-517S1, 8" underhung, 3" VC 6", and the new flat-aluminum 6" make it stateside.

The W3-517S1 is one of the most interesting drivers TB ever made:
(Yes- these are indeed mine.)

W3517S1DR.jpg

Later,
Wolf

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Last edited:
Tnx Tom. It would be unpractical to ship those cabinets overseas to Europe and it would also be against DIY principle... I prefer to build the cabinets myself. :)
I was hoping that there's a way to adjust a bit some existing design. I guess I will have to learn some of that cabinet calculating software and design some simple bas reflex enclosure. Never done that but there's always a first time, I guess.
Can somebody suggest good software for this?

Anyway those Tang Bands will be used in rear speakers in HT setup, I will focus on fronts first and later see what to do with TB's.

Tnx Boris. I need to sort some priorities first right now and than I will need to find out if I can use WinISD to modify a bit some existing designs. Only than I plan to try to delve deeper in that software.

Thing is, if I decide to go with the basic bas reflex box than I don't need to invest time to learn new software right now... Tom's enclosure, mentioned above, is surely better than anything I can came up on my own.

It seems to me that these Tang Bands are best suited for variations of bas reflex enclosures.
If understand things correctly, things to be most careful about in those type of enclosures are volume and size of the vent... That's giving me impression that maybe I can use that type of calculation to adjust a bit enclosure of my liking, like Scott's Bryn.

I do understand though, that I know very little and some of the above is based on false assumptions... :)

Vann, WinISD is free and easy to use, as long as you do not download the pro version. You just need the T/S parameters of the driver, which is available at TB's site and Madisound's page, and then it will suggest the most appropriate design. No skill is required, and if you want to build bandpass subs and sealed speakers, WinISD will also work.
For the Changs, those are horn loaded speakers, you will need MJK's spreadsheet to work with that, but I have a sort of simplified but not as good method to make it work though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.