Tang Band Tang Band W8Q-1071F 8 X 12 box reccomendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking good!! I would say it is perfection.
257128d1325041010t-tang-band-tang-band-w8q-1071f-8-x-12-box-reccomendation-att24321.jpg
257291d1325125997t-tang-band-tang-band-w8q-1071f-8-x-12-box-reccomendation-att86184.jpg
257293d1325125997t-tang-band-tang-band-w8q-1071f-8-x-12-box-reccomendation-att67735.jpg

+1! Using the speakers' 8x12 shape as the port hole would have really set it off!

Looking forward to your sub

Alas, the 8 x 12 is gone from Parts Express :crying: Seems to be riding into the sunset so it is good that you have it done.

I know! I wanted to buy another one for a different project and they were gone! They want more for the 6X9 then they did for the 8X12.

The 8X12 is a substantial driver, a pair of them moves more air than a 15 inch subwoofer with 11mm of xmax.

I have a feeling this horn is going to be rediculous after I break it in.

Bjorno/TB46

I am just looking over this design. I am wondering why in most of the other designs of this type I see that the divider by s1 is connected to the divider where the drivers sit and there is a direct path for the rear sound wave to join the front?

In this design the rear output of the drivers travel the length and hit the s1 area and then have to "turn around" so to speak to exit at the mouth of the enclosure?

This looks odd to me now that I look at it. I just want to confirm that this is correct. I already built it, so I sure hope so.

I just shot the final coat of water based poly last night. I am scheduled to do put the enclosure back together on Friday and hook this baby up for some serious sound testing and playing around with the polyfill.

I have to say, with two coats of primer, three coats of black hammer finish and 3 coats of satin poly, it looks AMAZING. My goal was a good looks, but also I wanted it to be durable. I think I accomplished this with no problem. I will post plenty of pics and also my listening notes.

I will try and get the equipment to measure, but I cannot guarantee that.

I brought this baby home today and fired it up. I only have one word to describe it: SICK!

I just did some stress testing with some bass music (bass mekanic) and the output is clearly louder than I can see any movie or music being played ever in my system. Crazily clean, crazily effortless, deep and just plain accurate.

Best sub I have ever heard. Pics to follow.

I know that bass is bass, but and that the term "quick" or "fast" doesn't make technical sense, but this TQWT has an amazing sound. Like nothing i have ever heard. I can see how this kind of ease and output could be addicting.

Now....if only I knew how to design them myself!

The one in the picture is upstairs in my house, it's supposed to be temporary as my main listening room is being build downstairs. I have a feeling I am not going to want to part with it. May have to build something even nastier and bigger for downstairs. Although I don't know why I would need it.

I have been seeing what this thing can do this morning, and clearly this thing is capable of massive amounts of low frequency output in my room. I had to turn it down on a few tracks well before maximum output just for the safety of my ears and so my house would stop rattling. crazy!

Also, although it hurt my ears a lot, I took a look in the throat while the speaker was putting out considerable bass. Hardly any air coming out and the speakers barley moving. Talk about making a lot of sound out of minimal excursion.

thanks so much for the help guys! I love it.

P.S. I can't help but wonder what something like this could/would do in an automobile? It would be hair raising i bet.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.