T-TQWT Double Fold Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I make cables...
17G.png

DSCN3627.jpg

Oh I was hoping you wouldn't go there....there are pages of articles why not use/make adapters. They make several Unbal converters (audio format converter); I have tired a few; I think they have a more open sound; vs. hard wiring.

Maybe not a problem with subwoofers.

Well fellas, the wife noticed the sub is tearing up the crib last night when I turned on the loft/stair lights and the paint chippings in the Lower Level/Bonus Room.

Here is a crack above the Master Bedroom entrance. This the same wall the sub is up against in the LL/BR.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here are cracks in the opposite corner from the sub.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here are the paint chips from the opposite corner cracks.

Here is a crack above the sub.

Here is the sub corner. Note, the sub is being powered by an old Yamaha HTR-5730 that I got a couple weeks ago from installing 2 HTS in 1 of my father's co-worker's house. The digital processing doesn't work, but the analog does work!

I see you have firing into the corner...I've tried that a few times, I never liked it as much as angling to the center.

I took the box to my son's graduation party last Sunday. The party house has a home theater room (which I didn't know about). I positioned the box dead center under the movie screen, firing left. EVERYONE was tripping how the sub pressurized the room! When I got home, I put the box back in the corner firing toward the tv. The frequency response sounds flatter and intergrates better with the main speakers. Firing into the corner plays lower louder, but firing in the opposite direction has more midbass since the Sony STR-DH710 has the sub output fixed at 120hz & below. I'm still using the Yamaha HTR-5730 to power the sub.

I hear ya,
I've been having fun this last few weeks with a similar tapped horn, you need to get yours outside where the sensation of pressure is similar but there are no noises from the room or standing waves to mess with the bass.

OTOH we did stick my box in the back of a minivan and push it into the mid 140dB range. Bass so loud it activated the power locks and we had to break in, the rear windows were burping air at the seals due to the flex so we duct taped them down tight. Good times :D

Hello. I just joined up due to stumbling on this thread. I too am using a L7 15 as my home theater sub since it was just sitting around. I contacted kicker and they came up with a 5.5 cuft ported tuned to 25 hz. It does pretty good. But now i see this and want to try it!! Now my very noob question is i would like to do this with only one fold as ive got all the room i need for a tall or long sub box. Ive only just begun to poke around in the world of horns. Could someone please give me a rendering of how i should build this? It would be very much appreciated. Also, not sure how much difference it will make but mine is the first model ever made so like an 04 i believe. Dual 2 ohm coils. Thank you!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.