System Pictures & Description

Mike -
I think you just need to approach the problem in a different way instead of feeling like an idiot.
I am guilty of building speakers that would not really exit the room where they were built.

Just secure appropriate hand trucks. Craigslist/Harbor Frieght is your solution to this problem.

I use a heavy duty hand truck with roll bar padding on the parallel bars(secured with zip ties) and a towel on the base to protect the speaker. Straps are also very helpful.

Make some nice platforms with wheels under if you have heavy speakers.
This speaker isn't as heavy as your seem to be but still 56kg without the platform it stands in. Easy peasy to move around :)

Attachments

• DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 2,809
I built active 3 ways using all Eton drivers. Originally I planned on using 2 woofers so the boxes are way too large. I blocked off much of the internal volume for one woofer. The second one wasn't needed.

Attachments

• DSCI0101 (480x640).jpg
    DSCI0101 (480x640).jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 2,777
  • DSCI0102 (640x480).jpg
    DSCI0102 (640x480).jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 2,690
  • DSCI0172 (480x640).jpg
    DSCI0172 (480x640).jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 2,685
Thx. This isn't the original design, my brother-in-law; a carpenter, helped build these and he added the tops and made other changes. The good looks are all him.

I can't hardly cut a piece of wood without messing something up.

These were built in 09 and I've been super happy with them. I've had no desire to change these although sometimes I think about doing new boxes. Smaller ones.

sonido 300SCW (TL, constant cross section, 1/3 driver offset) + 175SFR (sealed box). First order filter for 300scw and 2nd order for 175SFR, 200Hz cross point. Neotech wiring, cardass binding posts.
Birch plywood, veneered. Bottom has added metal plates, to move mass centre lower.
Sealed box is golden ratio shaped cube.
TL - almost mo parallel walls. (TL is also done as "rogozhin labyrinth" type).
Felt on walls, + some wool in first 1\3 of the line.
Some details on photos (drawing was little bit changed after, just to get an idea).

Attachments

• Лабиринт труба 5.jpg
    Лабиринт труба 5.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,848
  • 4-GNsqh46iM.jpg
    4-GNsqh46iM.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,971
Reactions: 1 user
Here are pictures of the boxes while in process;

2 layers of 1 inch MDF glued together.

The corners were made by laminating red oak strips together and then cutting the corners little by little to create the radius. The corners were then sanded.

The panels are inset into the corners with and attached with glue and screws. This inset was done for a reason....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 2,704
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 2,600
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 449
And lastly pics of the insides.

If you look at the earlier pics, the front and sides are covered in felt. I used multiple layers on top of each other using spray glue. Then the felt was trimmed around the edges. This is why the front panels were instepped on the corners. The felt filled this in and the speakers are level all the way across the font and the sides.