System Pictures & Description

Hi all, there is my latest creation, made in Lithuania :)

midbass drivers SS revelators, tweeter also SS classic d2905/970000. Front panel thickness 36mm, rear panel 46mm, side walls made of plywood and HDF sandwitch - 22mm, outter walls 18mm HDF. inside used double partitions (one along the box, others across the box) weighs a lot :eek:

Congrats, they look gorgeous!I use the same revelators for midrange, you'll be blown away by male and female voices that these drivers produce:D.

Beautiful!

If at all possible, I would be very interested in seeing the unfiltered 'raw' frequency response measurement of the RH-3 horn driven by your JBL 2450J-1 compression driver (and I'd like the measurement without any "protection" capacitor, as those mess up the phase - I would recommend just doing a sweep starting from a safe frequency, e.g. 200Hz).

Cheers,
Marco

Hi all, there is my latest creation, made in Lithuania :)
View attachment 419217 View attachment 419218 View attachment 419219 View attachment 419220 View attachment 419221 View attachment 419222
View attachment 419223 View attachment 419224 View attachment 419225

midbass drivers SS revelators, tweeter also SS classic d2905/970000. Front panel thickness 36mm, rear panel 46mm, side walls made of plywood and HDF sandwitch - 22mm, outter walls 18mm HDF. inside used double partitions (one along the box, others across the box) weighs a lot :eek:

Really nice build , what paint finish .... ?

Hi Marco
I published measures, they are filter and equalizer.
RH-3 vs TH4001
EV DX46 - FIR 480Hz - Stop ripple has 80db
2 Eq and 1 Hishelv 6dB correction
HOLMImpulse software - start frequency is 300hz
Measurements are in Raw
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-.../OGT9lwgbyAE/w955-h539-no/RH-3+vs+TH4001.jpeg
I will next weekend for other measures.

Stéphane

Thanks!
It would be nice to see some measurements without any filtration or equalization, too - just to get a better idea of what the horn does on its own.
Looking forward to your updates!
Cheers,
Marco

Last edited:
That is very cool. I have just purchased a Boerboel (South African Mastiff) My wife has been looking at this dog for 6 years. I am myself just learning much about the breeding history of my new baby. I enjoyed your details.

Steve

Steve Boerboel's are a very interesting species. How large is yours? I've seen some that look almost like a large pointer to Boerboel's that look like HUGE bullmastiffs!

I'm listening to: A Moment of Clarity by Cryptic Vision

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Love your speakers Profix!!! Do you have some construction pics? Is it your complete own design?

yes, it's my own design. the story began 8 years ago, when i was bored to listen computer speakers. then i thought why do not make speakers by myself, because the sound from speakers that i had was making no sense. i had enough knowledge to make them, so i created this:

02.JPG

this was biggest leap in sound reproduction that i have heard. they sounded just perfect. after a year or so i decided that i need speakers, which sounds good, but looks much better. i started working on CAD and came up with this:

untitled1.jpg untitled2.jpg

these speakers seemed to look good, but not enough.. after making some final touches in drawing i decided not to make them. there was something missing.. and something too much for them. at that point i thought maybe i want speakers which look like focal scala utopia, but i didn't want to copy them too much. and one person gave me an idea - join them together, take some details from my creation and add to focal speakers. that was the first original drawing of my project. i started drawing overnight and this was what i wanted:

hfjcjhgvjhgv2.jpg

because each part was made by hand it took years of working in my free time:

DSC00447.JPG DSC00494.JPG DSC00495.JPG

finally this was the result:

DSC_8738.JPG DSC_8740.JPG

they sounded very good, looked awesome, but the was a problem. to make these speakers using just my hands and some simple tools i couldn't make them perfect as the should be. so my friend suggested me to sell these unfinished speakers and make new ones, where some parts could be made using CNC machines. this is the final result what it is now:

1498778_1409671349309227_1925651594231957766_o.jpg

for the best accuracy - most of the parts were made by CNC machine. there was used ~130 seperate parts, which took more than 200 hours to glue them together, grind, paint and polish. it wasn't easy to make them, but i am happy now :)

constructions pics will be later :)

My system

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures. My phone camera is junk.
system1_zps8c88a566.jpg

system2_zpsbd5e7926.jpg

system3_zps75eb0938.jpg

Dayton RS28F tweeters 1.9KHz L-R 4th order active to a TO-125 Peerless 5.25".
12" DVC Dayton DVC310-88 133 Hz L-R 4th order active.
Adcom GFA 535 60 w.p.c. for Peerless drivers, Dayton DTA-120 60w.p.c. amp for Tweeters, Parasound HCA 1500A bridged for 12".
Behringer cx3400 3-way active crossover, Parasound PHP-850 preamp, Nakamichi MR-1 tape deck, B&O Beogram RX-2 turntable

The speakers were built about 18 years ago and I just recently upgraded the tweeters and replaced the Shiva sub with the Dayton. Also went from bi-amp to tri-amp. Huge improvement!

Still love the Peerless drivers.