System Pictures & Description

DIY horn systems

Indoor system. Bass horns(34-150Hz) Although due to room placement I can hear down to 20 Hz. 18" drivers, walnut with cherry frames. 8ft. long hypex. curve with 8 cu. ft. compression chamber. (Mouth is 6ft., 5" above floor). Mid ranges use galaxy 5" drivers. 30" dia., fiberglass, auto body putty tractrix curve.(150hz. to 4000Hz.) Tweeters are MCM compression drivers with modified( body putty added to rear of horn lens), 6" dia. 2000hz. to 20,000 hz.)
Outdoor system. Bass horn(25 Hz -150 Hz) 18" driver presently using home made 3" voice coil. (Lasted one season so far) Horn breaks down for winter storage in shed. Mid range and tweeters same as indoor system. Both systems really sound great! I live in the country , nearest neighbor is too far away to bother them. Friends come over and hear their music again "for the first time".

Attachments

• Ray's pictures 032.jpg
    Ray's pictures 032.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 3,079
  • Ray's pictures 119.jpg
    Ray's pictures 119.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 2,980
  • Ray's pictures 125.jpg
    Ray's pictures 125.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 2,867
  • Ray's pictures 053.jpg
    Ray's pictures 053.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 2,786
Last Mod on Line Array.

Hi, speakers are all Hi-Vi. Here we go: 12 TN-25 Tweeters, 4 DNA Mids and 12 B4N woofers , I just added a Titanium Super Tweeter. Also added felt around the mids. Sensitivity around 97 db/watt. I listen in the near field and they image very well. Subs are CSS Trio 12 vented and Peerless CLS 10 with passive radiator. In the back are surrounds using the same drivers. Wood finish is just plain melamine paint so dont look at the finish. LOL
Happy listening

Attachments

• Line-array.jpg
    Line-array.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 3,254
Speaking of Hi Vi, i love their ribbon Isodynamic Tweeters.
I heard them on the Reimer Wind River GS speakers and Reimer Teton GS speakers.
Those HI Vi ribbon Isodynamic Tweeters sounded silky.
I have some hi-vi ribbons but they are under another name. I have plans for them with maybe a 6.5" woofer-mid. Do you have a detailed image of your ribbons?