SYMEF amplifier

Thank you for all of you who have joined this adventure :D . Share with us your build progress and pictures. ;) .

Once finished provide your reviews as SYMEF gently whispers those first notes and probably sweeps your heart away :D

Then let us know, in your own ears...what you think

Alrighty then...
Could not find BOM for the new PCB that just arrived. They say type 2 on them and although there is a section for them on the website, there is nothing in the BOM part. I took the BOM from the Type 1 section and converted it to the Type 2 board. All of the part numbers now match the part numbers as listed on the PCB.
So, are the parts the same for both BOMs if their values match? There are two parts missing, C8 a 220uf that looks to be electrolytic and R32 a 7.5, I would assume R. Would someone care to specify those parts? If all this is correct I would be happy to share.

Last edited:
Alrighty then...
Could not find BOM for the new PCB that just arrived. They say type 2 on them and although there is a section for them on the website, there is nothing in the BOM part. I took the BOM from the Type 1 section and converted it to the Type 2 board. All of the part numbers now match the part numbers as listed on the PCB.
So, are the parts the same for both BOMs if their values match? There are two parts missing, C8 a 220uf that looks to be electrolytic and R32 a 7.5, I would assume R. Would someone care to specify those parts? If all this is correct I would be happy to share.

Kindly share , your assumptions so far seem spot on :)

OK C8 and R32 still need to be speced out.
I added current prices from Mouser and DigiKey. Also have the BOM as specified saved at both if anyone wants them...
Also can email SS as they don't allow XLS attachments.

Attachments

• SYMEF Type 2 BOM.pdf
    42.1 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
First question (I'm afraid a lot more will follow :) )

Can't seem to find a reason for the symef rev 2 board so can only assume it's there because it has a smaller footprint? (cheaper to manufacture dare I say?) Or is there more to it then that?

Diy audio is all about fun and experimentation. Yes the type 2 has a smaller foot print. Am hoping that the experimentation of ideas will result in some good feedback from you the assemblers and reviewers.

No prob at all but could be the new layout was an improvement as well or at least thought to be?

Power supply arrived, now the rest ;)

Attachments

• voedingkl.jpg
    voedingkl.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 449