• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Swordfishy/ASPEN FETZILLA power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
Hmm, why Andrew?

Boards are no longer available as group buys for the FetZilla. It was an extremely successful GB and over 190 boards were sold.
All those who have ordered boards have complete information and valid references to the appropriate thread with enclosed documents and posted on the GB thread anyway.
I conclude that YOU think it's a good idea, not because of your own needs, you've built your FetZilla, but because you are speaking for others.
You appear to be asking me, the mod of a manufacturers forum which showcases my commercial designs, to make ongoing efforts according to your interpretation of what OTHERS need. My intention henceforth is to sell NAKSAs and other Aspen products, for a fair return.

I believe there is more than enough information on this site, this thread in particular, to satisfy the needs of anyone who is interested in the FetZilla.

I will repeat here: for those interested, page 82 of this thread, post #812. That's the one!!

Yours in amusement,

Hugh

That's OK.
I was just suggesting, to make it easier for others to find up to date information.

If you don't see a need for that, then again, OK.

That's why the first post edit feature is only available to the thread opening Member. So that I cannot interfere.

Now that that is settled.
Would you like to ask, to have all my recent off topic posts removed? They are just adding to the Thread for no useful purpose.

No need to remove your posts, Andrew, they raise issues that others might be interested in and there is absolutely no requirement to excise them.

My response reflects a frenetic work load at present and less than stellar health, my apologies. Both issues are resolving and my mood is sure to lift.....

I have, after your useful linking advice, placed the latest link onto page one anyway.

Thanks,

Hugh

Last edited:
Hugh,

Most sorry to hear about your health, I hope it improves. I'm actually in hospital myself this Friday, nothing serious though...hopefully.

To anyone else building the amplifier, please have a listen with R13 and R5 on the power supply schematic shorted. This is one thing Mike and I could never agree on, and I think it has a significant effect. Mike says it adds refinement, I think it removes life and engagement.

Anyway, something easy and reversible for you to try if you're a fiddler like me! I think you will be surprised. It's a personal taste thing and I vastly prefer it without the filter arrangement.

You may need to adjust your bias and offset if you try the mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey just a question - at what point do I need to worry about DC offset at the outputs - I set up the amp boards to within 5MV, but since they have had extended on time (about three weeks on 24/7) one channel has drifted to 30mv. At some point I'll pull it out of the system and re bias it, but is 30mv too high? - Amp is settling well and sounding brilliant. - AJ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.