• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Swordfishy/ASPEN FETZILLA power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
9th Sept Last Day for Payment for Group Buy #I

Folks,

I'm down to my last few pcbs, and tomorrow is the deadline for all those who have ordered but not yet paid. After tomorrow I will offer those who have quietly approached me for a pair of boards, with or without extra parts. I do NOT have many left, only 8 at this stage. That's 92 out the door, thanks all to you guys, not bad....

In the meantime I've collated some information and a Constructors Sheet. It covers the mechanical aspects of assembly and should be useful.

Finally, if there is sufficient interest in a second group buy for this amplifier, I would be prepared to offer Group Buy #2. It will increase by $5 because postage is much dearer than I thought. And Joz, I have your four boards in reserve!!

Cheers,

Hugh

Attachments

• FetzillaSCHEM.gif
    FetzillaSCHEM.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 903
  • FetZillaPhaseS.jpg
    FetZillaPhaseS.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 874
  • FetzillaPCB.gif
    FetzillaPCB.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 851
  • FetzillaPSschem.gif
    FetzillaPSschem.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 848
  • FetZillbuild1.doc
    139.5 KB · Views: 244
  • FETzillapartslist.doc
    32 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Hugh,

I dug through a few pages of post and found your 7.5A recommendation for fuses. Would you mind adding that to the BOM? It would save future digging...

Hoping to start the Zetzilla build this weekend.

Ken

EDIT: Ken, amended just now to reflect 4 x 7.5A, large size, conventional, fast flow fuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, George, I did, that's very sharp of you....

After extensive listening tests, Greg and I decided to make this change and have already amended the new parts list posted at #383 above.

Thanks Doan,

It is a pleasure. In a former life in Defence Cooperation I once taught English to a group of your countrymen, so this is a little bit of deja vu for me!

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Maystor,

Noted, and thank you..... with all these orders, we may have to offer another separate group buy, GB II I will call it, and move only when it reaches 75. My thoughts are that very soon people will start coming back to the thread with their sonic impressions of the FetZilla, and if they are universally good (as I'm hoping they will be!) then GB II should be a snap.

George,

It is interesting you regard attention to detail as a 'bad habit'. I could have shown irritation with your corrections, certainly, but OTOH you were doing my proof checking for me and as we both know the devil is in the details. The difference between a coarse, rough product and a fine, outstanding one is attention to detail, so I here express my admiration and thanks to you. Parts lists, pcb layouts and build notes are ALL about attention to detail, and one person cannot possibly create this documentation without full and comprehensive checking. I have produced 15 thousand word documents in the past for my kits, and sometimes it has taken over twelve months to remove fully all the mistakes.

Because we are human, we are fallible. What is not fully realised is that the price we pay for our 'eureka' moments is attention to detail. Put another way, the gift of creativity predisposes us to mistakes......

On another matter, I'm listening to Sara K 'Waterfalls' on my VSonics II speakers driven by the FetZilla straight out of an old Onkyo Integra CD player. The sound is very relaxing, engaging and resolving. I would describe this design as a 'late night single malt' amplifier for those that like their music with a little whisky.

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
The SOUND

I'm listening to Sara K 'Waterfalls' on my VSonics II speakers driven by the FetZilla straight out of an old Onkyo Integra CD player. The sound is very relaxing, engaging and resolving. I would describe this design as a 'late night single malt' amplifier for those that like their music with a little whisky.

And If You'll ever try to listen what I listen for the "late-night relaxing enjoyment" then You'll for sure meet another psychoacoustic dimension . . . ;)

Cheers,

A

On another matter, I'm listening to Sara K 'Waterfalls' on my VSonics II speakers driven by the FetZilla straight out of an old Onkyo Integra CD player. The sound is very relaxing, engaging and resolving. I would describe this design as a 'late night single malt' amplifier for those that like their music with a little whisky.

Hugh,

What drink might the NAKSA be? ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.