Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used the coils from arjen on one of my sure boards, is playing quite nice, but got better results with the wurth xxl coils. Search this thread for wurth xxl or just the "coil pile" thread by sendler :D

Ok, thanks, I guess this is Arjen from ebay?
But will double check this other you mention Wurth XXL coils. Are they simple to order or you need to order e.g. more than £20 etc?

So can you confirm they are not BURNING HOT :eek: to touch with the finger?
THANKS

Arjen his coils are not really burning hot, maybe warm.
The wurths get really hot, but sound much better :D

I can see that Arjen coils are simple to order over ebay?
How do I order WURTHS without avoiding high shipping charges to Europe from DigikeyUS?

Would you suggest Wurths if they are too hot? Can you place your finger on them?

Thanks a lot for the help

I've listened to quite a few different coils including the ever popular T106 type 2 toroids from 41Hz and the Ferroxcube toroids as found in the ClassD audio amps (much better sounding but leak like an air core) with three different types of wire. 14ga Litz wrapped and unwrapped, 18ga solid, and Belden hard insulated 14 guage solid. And other recommended favorites from Toko, Sagami, CoilCraft, ect. The Wurth XXL were tried on a tip from another member or I wouldn't even have glanced at them. They look just like what you are taking out. Luckily I am open minded. I like them by far the best. They even sound better than my Belden air toroids in many ways, have a 13 amp saturation rating and they fit right in the stock location. I will use them exclusively. There are tens of very similar looking coils and tens more of larger types but the Wurth XXL have the best sonics of the ones I have tried.
http://katalog.we-online.de/kataloge/eisos/media/pdf/7447709004.pdf

Sandler,
So is this Wurth XXL from the link you are suggesting the best coil available for the TK2050?
Is the link you suggested enough to order the right part or are there better alternatives?
Regards

Distributor

Sandler,
So is this Wurth XXL from the link you are suggesting the best coil available for the TK2050?
Is the link you suggested enough to order the right part or are there better alternatives?
Regards

Search the online sales that you normally use in your country. Someone will have them. You can epoxy a small, non magnetic heat sink onto the coils to keep them cool if you want.

Search the online sales that you normally use in your country. Someone will have them. You can epoxy a small, non magnetic heat sink onto the coils to keep them cool if you want.
Hi Scott,
So If i find the best sounding coils as suggested from Wurth, you also suggest I should epoxy them as well as apply some heatsinks?
What is generally damaging temperature for electronics elements?
Is 70C degrees safe if anybody knows?
Can you apply epoxy to present air coils?
Best regards

I don't

I don't do anything to my coils but you seem worried about it.
Hi Scott,
So If i find the best sounding coils as suggested from Wurth, you also suggest I should epoxy them as well as apply some heatsinks?
What is generally damaging temperature for electronics elements?
Is 70C degrees safe if anybody knows?
Can you apply epoxy to present air coils?
Best regards

What causes these boards to turn off? Too much Input, or not enough Power? I run mine with a HP 31.5V 3.17A adapter and it will play Loud and Proud until the the Music hits a Peak and it will just turn off. I will then just turn the Volume down a Tad and turn Everything Off and back On and it comes right back...Is it the Power Supply or the Board that causes this? And what can be done to stop this from happening? I have my Board set on the Low Input setting..

Brick

What causes these boards to turn off? Too much Input, or not enough Power? I run mine with a HP 31.5V 3.17A adapter and it will play Loud and Proud until the the Music hits a Peak and it will just turn off. I will then just turn the Volume down a Tad and turn Everything Off and back On and it comes right back...Is it the Power Supply or the Board that causes this? And what can be done to stop this from happening? I have my Board set on the Low Input setting..
It must be the power supply going into shut down. I haven't heard of anyone else's amp cutting in and out even though the spec sheet says they have over temp protection. They usually just fry if they get too hot. Try a 36v Meanwell turned down to 32v.

I was running my sure board with the same HP 31.5v adaptor and had a similar thing happen... I had the main out from my soundcard directly connected to the RCA input of the Sure board. I was messing around with a crappy reverb and it went into a crazy feedback loop (Very harsh noise, probably looked white noise)... The sound cut out after about 1/2 a second and I'd assumed I'd fried the sure, but then I noticed the on-board power led was off... I unplugged the adaptor, plugged it back in and the amp came back on and has been normal since.

Luckily I was monitoring @ a very low level when this happened so it wasn't very loud @ all. I'm not convinced that the amp's input saw anywhere near 2V, yet the adaptor shut off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.