Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
riktw said:

anyone experience with that cheap *** hong kong post company, thats 23 dollar to the netherlands and TNT and UPS are more than 20 dollars?

Sure-electronics offer the board on the bay, e.g. like item no. 230345575360, complete with shipping.
Mine is still under way but I have bought their TA2024 board before.
Back then the first shipment got lost, but they sent a second one immediately when I told them that the first didn't come through.

DarpMalone said:
Can (2) 14V 3A power supplies be used together on this board? (Ex. 2x LCD power adapters). Would this effectively produce 28V @ 3A?

Also, would 3A be sufficient if used with 8Ohm speakers?

It would be sufficient but you won't be able to kick it very very loud, because then the amp won't be able to drive bass correctly and the sound quality isn't good, but for normal listening is enough.

Regards Aleš

mravlcax said:

It would be sufficient but you won't be able to kick it very very loud, because then the amp won't be able to drive bass correctly and the sound quality isn't good, but for normal listening is enough.

Regards Ale�

Thanks for the reply, Ale... I want to try this amp for the bottom end of an actively x'd-over 3way system (below 1K) so low end is important... ApexJr has some 24V - 0 - 24V 200MA toroids... Is this better suited?

DarpMalone said:

Thanks for the reply, Ale... I want to try this amp for the bottom end of an actively x'd-over 3way system (below 1K) so low end is important... ApexJr has some 24V - 0 - 24V 200MA toroids... Is this better suited?
This amp uses single power line so you need only 0-24V. With this 24V on AC you would get out on DC almost 34V and with this voltage amp would be running on the edge. I would go with 20V AC and on DC you get out a bit over 28V.

Regards Ales

dont have mine but if heatsink gets hot you need a bigger heatsink.
or a fan on it, but the heatsink looks like stuff thats on your north/southbridge on your PC motherboard.
i am on Internship in an computer store/repair shop so if i get my board i can try some PC coolers on it.

as you can see on this pic:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

there are 2 white pins connecting the cooler, does someone know if they are pushpins becouse some old and slow graphics cards have that kind of connection pins to.
i hope there is thermal paste under the cooler, if not add it, it makes a difference
looks like the 50m watt and 100 watt version have the same heatsink btw.
would be weird, the 100 watt version generates double as much heat.

riktw said:
dont have mine but if heatsink gets hot you need a bigger heatsink.
or a fan on it, but the heatsink looks like stuff thats on your north/southbridge on your PC motherboard.
i am on Internship in an computer store/repair shop so if i get my board i can try some PC coolers on it.

as you can see on this pic:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

there are 2 white pins connecting the cooler, does someone know if they are pushpins becouse some old and slow graphics cards have that kind of connection pins to.
i hope there is thermal paste under the cooler, if not add it, it makes a difference
looks like the 50m watt and 100 watt version have the same heatsink btw.
would be weird, the 100 watt version generates double as much heat.

Check one page back and you'll see my bigger heatsink, but I think that there is electronical solution for this heat problem.

Im planning on getting this amp for my portable ghettoblaster. Im going to use 12V lead acidbatteries paralled. the signal to noise ratio(80dBA) seems to be quite low compared to lepai which im replacing. im going to use speakers with 96 SPL sensitivity and 8ohm impedance and soundsource will be a mp3player so the output of it isnt very big. Do you think this will play enough loud? or should i go for 41hz.com:s AMP9?

I couldnt resist so i took the plunge also and bought one of these relatively blindly.

Unfortunately I do not have a decent amplifier to compare this to so I probably wouldn't know really how good this is.

So for a newbie such as myself, what would be the best mods to do to this amp board?

remove resistors as in previous posts?
add better quality audio grade input caps?

I have 3 power supplies that came from halogen lamps, they are rated to 11.4 volts ~ eff. 5amps. Can I run these things in series and power the board with a theoretical voltage of 34.3 volts? Or will I burn the house down and force my wife to divorce me?

these are thetransformers

thanks

konman said:
I couldnt resist so i took the plunge also and bought one of these relatively blindly.

Unfortunately I do not have a decent amplifier to compare this to so I probably wouldn't know really how good this is.

So for a newbie such as myself, what would be the best mods to do to this amp board?

remove resistors as in previous posts?
add better quality audio grade input caps?

I have 3 power supplies that came from halogen lamps, they are rated to 11.4 volts ~ eff. 5amps. Can I run these things in series and power the board with a theoretical voltage of 34.3 volts? Or will I burn the house down and force my wife to divorce me?

thanks

If you care to wait panomaniac is current looking this and will come up with a series of mods.

konman said:

thanks

I don't think those will work. That type of switching supply outputs AC voltage and switches at a relatively low frequency unsuitable for an audio amplifier.

hi.
sorry for my bad, very bad english.
i have brought the change for this sure electronic like the "little sister" 2*15W.

the last thing i must to do will be take out the DC protection diode.

this sure based on the TK2050 don't convince me.
there is not the "magic" as the little.
no bass frequences, too much high frequences.
almost with my speakers OB based on the philips 9710M full range speakers + woofer grundig vintage(from the seventy).

i will prove the power stabilized supply 24v.

i wish a nice day everybody.

Attachments

• kép006.jpg
    kép006.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,371
Just a personal thought…
I have a collection of t-amp’s that includes Trends 10.1, Sure T2024 boards, Topping TP-10/Mark II, HLLY T-amp20 and the Lepai.
All of them have been modified EXCEPT the Trends 10.1. And, to my ears, the Trends still sounds the best of all. The HLLY board has the least impressive performance.
To my un-trained ears, I would rank them…
1- Trends 10.1 (un-modified)
2- Sure T2024
3- Lepai
4- Topping T10/Mark II
5- HLLY T-amp 20
The amps that have been modified using the same parts (input caps, p/s buffer…)
I am wondering if the Sure 2*100w will sound any better, not taking different wattage in consideration –just sound.
Any thoughts?

cheric said:
Just a personal thought…
I have a collection of t-amp’s that includes Trends 10.1, Sure T2024 boards, Topping TP-10/Mark II, HLLY T-amp20 and the Lepai.
All of them have been modified EXCEPT the Trends 10.1. And, to my ears, the Trends still sounds the best of all. The HLLY board has the least impressive performance.
2- Sure T2024
3- Lepai
4- Topping T10/Mark II
5- HLLY T-amp 20
I am wondering if the Sure 2*100w will sound any better, not taking different wattage in consideration –just sound.
Any thoughts?

It is most welcomed that you gave your impressions on all these digital amps, unfortunately I bought a HILLY T-amp 20 recently if it worst amp of the lot then I don't much hope of improving it.

A suggestion, if you get a Sure Elec., 2*50W or a 2*100W and add to your on going assessment, most people here would welcome that as well. Unfortunately I have placed an order for a 2*50W and a 2*100W version already for an experimental amp.

One of the determining factors that all these amps sound different is the layout, since we have "almost" eliminate the component factor because you have replaced them with similar components.

Cheers.

cheric said:
Just a personal thought…
2- Sure T2024
3- Lepai
4- Topping T10/Mark II
5- HLLY T-amp 20
Any thoughts?

ttan98 said:

It is most welcomed that you gave your impressions on all these digital amps, unfortunately I bought a HILLY T-amp 20 recently if it worst amp of the lot then I don't much hope of improving it.

A suggestion, if you get a Sure Elec., 2*50W or a 2*100W and add to your on going assessment, most people here would welcome that as well. Unfortunately I have placed an order for a 2*50W and a 2*100W version already for an experimental amp.

One of the determining factors that all these amps sound different is the layout, since we have "almost" eliminate the component factor because you have replaced them with similar components.

Cheers.

I almost forgot...I also have the SI Gen2 that I would rank ...

6- SI Gen2 (modded)

ttan98, please don't misunderstand my "ratings"; all these amps sound VERY GOOD on their own. They all have their good points. This is just my preferred list - a personal preference, if I may.
You may like the HLLY best. With your personal modification, you may think differently.
BTW, I just ordered the 2*100 watts. ... and the quest goes on.
:clown:

all of you guys who replaced the input inductors, seemed to take away the original RCA inputs. im planning on keeping those rca inputs, so is it possible to change them? i just replace the original blue ones with 2.2uF ones? does it increase bass significantly? im a total newbie, sorry for stupid questions :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.