Sure-Electronics.com class d amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's what I mean...

They are simple 100nF ceramic to ground....

Attachments

• decoupling t.jpg
    decoupling t.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 335
Hi, well not only the inputs, what would be more important is the 5V section. I don't have that amp right here, but I'm sure it uses some kind of 5V regulator. It's either on board of the IC or separate.

Most of the times it's a 78L05 or LM317 regulator when it's external...

You can just place these caps without any harm on any lead that has voltage on it. Most important is to do it real close to the IC. When it has a separate 5V regulator than place two caps, one near the regulator and one near where the 5V enters the IC.....

Use 100nF and at least 50V, the inputs can also use two 100pF ceramics to filter on a really high frequency range.....

I'm still pretty sure the hiss is caused by lack of ceramic caps....

Got the amp!

Hello guys,
The amp just arrived (pretty fast, I ordered only a few days ago).
Only checked it briefly. On the first run it played music, but with terrible loud beeps in the background. I figuered out that the cause seems to be the headphone out of my computer, since its running fine from my portable. I'll check later if it runs flawlessly from the regular output of my soundcard (I hope so). :( Any hints regarding this appreciated. :)

Regarding the hiss, it's present, but I'll try a few of the fixes postet earlier. I haven't got much time at the moment (girlfriend and finals in school) so it might take a while. ;)

Hi, I put some coloured dot on your pic, red is a must try and purple are also pins to try a cap on, I don't think the outputs really need them.

Just first try the input side of the IC.

Than also add caps on the input pins, you can beep these pins from the blue input caps(the square ones) with your DMM. The inputs go to the blue caps...than measure between the other pin of each blue cap towards the IC pins.

Than the best would be to solder the cap directly on the IC pins and than to a near ground plane... (or add a ground wire)....

Attachments

• pinvolts1.jpg
    pinvolts1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 526
cheers for that, very helpful. Will go get some ceramics. I might do them one by one attaching them to the blue wire using your purple dots as a priority order. If I find one change that makes a dramatic reduction in hiss will report back. Even if I smoke the thing is no biggie as I have 2 amp9-basic on the way ;-)

Inductors can be found on RS-components, Panasonic makes nice ones.

Probably will take some PCB modding or wire routing though...

If I have some time I'll look 'em up...

Pity that you haven't had any progress with the caps Col.... But I still think it's a matter of decoupling the right pins.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.