Super baltic birch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As soon as I can, I'll order a couple pairs of the Aura drivers, and put together a preliminary version of the flat pack, I have some good ideas for making the assembly quick and fool-resistant. The alignment won't matter too much yet...it can be finalized down the road...These will most likely be sealed. When they're done I'll send them off to Dave for critique...maybe they can be passed around.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Illusus said:
As soon as I can, I'll order a couple pairs of the Aura drivers, and put together a preliminary version of the flat pack, I have some good ideas for making the assembly quick and fool-resistant. The alignment won't matter too much yet...it can be finalized down the road...These will most likely be sealed. When they're done I'll send them off to Dave for critique...maybe they can be passed around.

Sounds like a plan

dave

FYI
Quasi-anechoic frequency response for the Aurasound in the little TL cabinet. This is using a BSC circuit consisting of a .7mH inductor and 8 ohm resistor. I don't use one at my desk because I get a boost from the wall and the desktop but for regular use the BSC is recommended.

Attachments

• aurafr.gif
    aurafr.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 159
Super Baltic Birch

Hi,

I just joined the forum and saw your post from several years ago. Did you still have any of this "super" baltic birch? I am making a couple of the Bill Fitzmaurice "David" speakers and it sounds like the perfect material. I know shipping might be a little steep, but perhaps it could be cut before shipping (?)--I'm in NC (USA). Not sure what size you have, but supposedly the design needs two 5x5 sheets for each one (four 5x5 for two, to clarify). If yours is a different size, I could calculate what I'd need.

Hope it's not too cold up there in Saskastoon--my grandfather was in the Canadian Army in Medicine Hat, so I have a feeling what the winters are like!

Regards,
Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.