Sunvalley SV-S1645 - 45 Tube Amp - Available NOW

Even without the tubes the Sunvalley SV-S1635D is a thing of beauty!

IMG_2254.jpeg

My 45s arrive Monday so I am going to have to content myself with going into the family room and looking at the amplifier all this weekend.

Monday the fun begins.

Victor ensured I saw all the DHL updates as the amplifier made its way to me and followed up with a phone call when it was delivered. As anyone knows who has dealt with Victor, his service and attention to detail is second to none.

But even more importantly, he truly cares about each and every customer and product he sells. As someone much smarter than me once said, "No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care".

Many thanks, Victor!

Steve Z

Reactions: 2 users
One of the first things I did was tip the amp up on its side so I could look through the slots in the bottom panel. As Victor so rightly points out, it is a work of art in three dimensions.

I'm no stranger to building electronic devices (I'm currently assembling an Ele-kit TU-8900 and going slowly as I enjoy the zen of process); the level of craftsmanship demonstrated by the Sunvalley assemblers sets the bar very high indeed.

Steve Z

Reactions: 1 user
Tubes arrived earlier than expected.

IMG_2257 copy.jpeg

So time to get busy! For burn-in I'm using a nice NOS RCA 5U4G, a pair of NOS Toshiba black long plate 12AU7 labeled for Baldwin Organ, and a NOS early 50's RCA black plate 12AT7.

IMG_2259.jpg

Even with essentially no hours on the Sunvalley other than factory quality checks and the same on the Emission Labs solid plate 45s, the sound is absolutely magical. I want to sit down and listen for hours and hours. And I will once the outside chores are done for the day.

I couldn't be more pleased. This very modestly priced amplifier embarrasses some very expensive amps I've had in my home in terms of sheer emotional involvement and desire to immerse myself in the flow of music.

Thank you very much Victor for bringing this amplifier to fruition.

Steve Z

Reactions: 3 users