Sun Valley 211/845 amp - initial impression

Hi Victor,

Can the Lundahl OPT LL1688 (specs: https://www.lundahltransformers.com/wp-content/uploads/datasheets/1688.pdf) be used instead of the stock OPTs on the SunValley SV-S1628D - the 211/845 amp?. It is listed as 5.5 kohm and 'designed for 845 tube'. I use Lundahl OPTs in my elekits purchased from Victor (and love them) and these Lundahls are less expensive than the Hashimoto and ISO variants listed above.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

AS I said FC40.5 is double the price. You need to consider the shipping from Japan too.
I am asking Sunvalley to source for me. The price should be lower.
At the current low JPY, I will consider the Hashimoto and ISO. FOR Lundahl I need to make a PCB to confiigurate the output. Also Lundahl do not offer 16 ohm impedance.
Please stay tuned the pricing of the upgraded opt from Japan.

Reactions: 1 users
AS I said FC40.5 is double the price. You need to consider the shipping from Japan too.
I am asking Sunvalley to source for me. The price should be lower.
At the current low JPY, I will consider the Hashimoto and ISO. FOR Lundahl I need to make a PCB to confiigurate the output. Also Lundahl do not offer 16 ohm impedance.
Please stay tuned the pricing of the upgraded opt from Japan.
That's great news..... Fingers crossed to hear more

As long as the low JPY, I will shift all upgrade opt to Hashimoto or ISO.
THe New 45 tube amp from Elekit includes Hashimoto PT/Chokes X 2 / OPT. Basically the low JPY to make it possible at affoable price range.
Hi Victor, this maybe too expensive but any possibility of identifying suitable Tamura opts for those of us DIYers who might like to give the Tamuras a try?

Mr Ohashi comfirmed with me. H30.5 is sufficient for 211/845 amp
For amplifiers with transformer-driven circuits and outputs of 30W or more, the H40-10S would be the preferred choice
So we will offer H30.5.. I only have 4 pairs . The price is JPY 56,000 x 2 plus shipping

Reactions: 2 users