Suitable midrange cone, for bandpass mid in Unity horn.

Hello,

I've noticed that some people are still interesting in finding midranges for the unity. I have added a number of drivers to the spreadsheet provided by John (Patrick Bateman) including one FaitalPro driver that was closest to the score obtained by Tom Danley midrange. Any idea how to upload it?

Hi!
I got a reply from FBT Audio referring to the KT410!
Unfortunately they can't support us with the TSP of this speaker, cause the have replaced it with a new one called KM410.
What do you think about it? Would it be worth a try?
gzg

Attachments

• KM410-Face.jpg
    KM410-Face.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 904
  • KM410.jpg
    KM410.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 880
  • KM410C.jpg
    KM410C.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 873
wtf, here is the reply I got from FDB Audio referring to the conditions to order:

Refer the price for KM410, please kindly note details as below:

Sales Terms: Ex Work's Dongguan,China
Unit Price: RMB 26.00/PC = USD 3.90/PC
Mini order quantity: 200pcs
Exp Date: Sep 8,2010 - Jan 8,2011

Refer shipping, it's difficult for us to load charges to deliver the goods to Austria,
you can ask your forwarder to pick up the goods from our factory.

Note: this model is a cheap product, as usual our customers order 500pcs per time.
If possible sincerely hope that you can order more quantity one time.

...I embraced something like that.

wtf, here is the reply I got from FDB Audio referring to the conditions to order:

...I embraced something like that.
That is actually pretty normal for factory direct goods from China. I have dealt with some optics suppliers that would allow the purchase of one or two individual items that were common runs, but they jack the shipping up into the outrageous level. $80 shipping on a $3 part.

it would take 20 drivers for a 5.1 system... plus a few backups....so 25x4... $100. Double that for shipping and a small part to go for whoever handles a group buy... $200. seems acceptable. $40 a channel to cover 300 to 1.2k, low distortion, high max spl. Phase accurate.
I'm in NYC... If those are close to the numbers I could handle the group buy.

I don't know why JLH finally decided to use something else than the Celestion TF0410MR, but I want to attach you the reply I received from Celestion after requiring the TSPs for their 4" and 5" sealed back midrange drivers:

http://professional.celestion.com/pro/pdf/TF0410MR.pdf
http://professional.celestion.com/pro/pdf/TF0510MR.pdf

Please note that TF0415MR is only available to manufacturers...

Customer Service

Celestion, Claydon Business Park, Great Blakenham, Ipswich IP6 0NL, UK
T: +44 (0)1473 835300 W: Celestion E: info@celestion.com

One dealer from germany gave the following reply:

Bad news referring to the TF0410MR, this driver is only available palett-wise.

The TF0510MR I can offer to you for 36€ incl. sales tax and a minimum order quantity of 10 pieces, packing unit would be 10 pieces as well.

gzg

I'd be going after a 7.1 system, so I'll change the number of drivers to 36. I'll need 28 plus an additional 8 for spares. I think we could get to 200 drivers pretty easy. How would we split out shipping?

Rgs, JLH

Shipping is whatever is fair... but I think $8 a driver would be the china to your US door estimate as long as you meet a minimum say 20 driver threshold.
Now heres the rub... what makes us think that the fbt audio has good qc? can we see some pics of their qc setup... returns and cherry picking would drive the price up quickly.