Subwoofer Chip Recomendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
.......................By using a 28-0-28 AC transformer it will deliver 39.5V DC per chip. ..................
A big assumption that is flawed.
A 230:28+28Vac 6% regulation transformer will output ~254/230*28*[1+0.06] ~ 32.7Vac when fed with maximum tolerance mains power.
Rectify this and smooth it without a load and expect to see ~ +-45.9Vdc for worst case condition.

If you connect your chipamps to this, will they blow up?

...........................39.5V DC per chip. According to the graph in the datasheet it will output 80W of power...............
Another big assumption that is flawed.

The 39.5Vdc for the supply is the voltage at the power pins while the chipamp is delivering that stated power.
As soon as you remove the load or remove the signal the PSU will supply at least 4 more volts and maybe 6 more volts to the power pins. Now you have ~ +-44.5Vdc to your 3886.
Will the chipamp blow up?

Your details are correct to me.Please be calm down.Easy easy I'll learn many things :)

Here the mains will never go above 240AC.If it exceeds anyhow then good bye to chipamp.But I don't think it will blow up when it gets above 42V for a while.

It doesn't matter just only 4$ in my place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.