• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Subbu DAC V3 - ES9023/WM8804 SPDIF & Power Supply PCB" Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ordered four (4) sets but only received one (1) set of PCB's

I ordered four (4) sets of PCB's but I only received one (1) PCB. My order summary is given below:

9/4/2013 21:03:00 mrsavage USA DACs=4 PSUs=4 sh=WWW tr=
DAC=$98 PSU=$44 sh=$5.90 Fees=$5.77 Global=$153.67 Status=S4

Please check your records. I did receive one DAC but nothing else?:confused:

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I ordered four (4) sets of PCB's but I only received one (1) PCB. My order summary is given below:

9/4/2013 21:03:00 mrsavage USA DACs=4 PSUs=4 sh=WWW tr=
DAC=$98 PSU=$44 sh=$5.90 Fees=$5.77 Global=$153.67 Status=S4

Please check your records. I did receive one DAC but nothing else?:confused:

Hello,

I checked the records and you have placed order for 2 sets of PCB. I have forwarded the email confirmation and the shipping confirmation to you. If you have further questions, send a PM and lets take this discussion offline.

Regards,
Subbu

I wanted to let you know that I received the boards and parts some time ago. Thanks for your efforts!

I have been offline a lot and am afraid that due to circumstances it will probably be some time before I can get stuck into the project (I have not even opened the packages yet).

I remember that there was something on the board about schematics and BOM being made available to participants only. As an "official" participant, is there a link where I can download these? Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Thanks,

Albert

Hi Jean-Paul,

I have searched my email and found the link. While saving the files I noted that I had previously downloaded the old version (on September 9th). I have now downloaded the newer (September 11th) version.

It will probably be a while before I can start building, but I have pcb's, parts and documentation!

Thanks.

Albert

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Gents, a few beta PCBs are left. They have the possibility to use a 3 x 2 mm XO (or the 7 x 5 mm XO). I have to clear out stock. Send me a PM if you want one. Same price and shipping costs as the final boards, they are identical except for wrong designation of the SPDIF GND. The PCB says GND where the input is and vice versa. No harm whatsoever. They are gold plated.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
You can just try. I should not be necessary but connecting it to PE would not hurt I guess. I leave the PSU and DAC board "floating" in a metal box and it works OK> So no connection of signal ground or the metal box to PE whatsoever. For this I use the small IEC 2 prong connector. I already regret saying this as electro-fundamentalists will go after me.

You could also try connecting the metal box inside the wooden box only to audio GND via a 10 Ohm resistor to the PSU GND connector. There, I said it. It will shield the DAC from influences from the outside and vice versa concerning HF/RF. It won't have any safety purpose. Again, please consult you local safety regulations and don't go outside. It's dangerous out there ;)

To avoid conflict I can only encourage you to connect metal cases to PE and leave signal ground separated from PE. If local regulations say different then please follow that regulations. I know in many countries audio ground is also directly connected to PE. Something I will never ever do again as PE feeds quite some noise in your gear and it has some another nasties as well. In any case you will need to use safe 230 V rated switches and parts and cover live wiring adequately !!! Build the 230 V part as safe as you can with short insulated wiring and mechanically sound connectors.

There is a saying here: ground loops are easier made than solved....

Although in dutch following page can help, maybe you can check this one in your language too:

http://www.elektor.nl/service/zelfbouw-veiligheid.685243.lynkx

AndrewT, if you are reading this please elaborate on electrical safety in the UK and in general, it differs.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.