stupid things we've done

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will have to admit to trying this many time with no success, none......Might actually be hydrogen rather than methane.

I saw a successful fireball at a party in the 70's where alcohol and drugs were involved. I remember that it stunk up the place pretty good, and there must have been some oxygen present too. The poor guy got a big laugh, but a partially "blown up exhaust device" was the result because he was in pain for a few days.

I might be blonde but I'm not that stupid. I can learn from the pain of others.

I did some searching around (a ridiculous search topic) and found that methane is indeed the most flammable constituent of flatus. However, unlike cows, which appear to be walking methane factories, not everybody can make sufficient quantities to get a butt-singeing fireball. It's an inherited thing, and probably has something to do with lower intestinal fauna, too.

Edit - Oh, man, this one really belongs in the lounge....

Last edited:
I might give this minor insight. Bob Crump was visiting his mother as she lay lying in a hospice, and they talked together. One question that she asked that he could answer was: Why his underwear had burn marks on the rear end portion, that she noted when washing them when he was a teenager. Any guesses?

I might give this minor insight. Bob Crump was visiting his mother as she lay lying in a hospice, and they talked together. One question that she asked that he could answer was: Why his underwear had burn marks on the rear end portion, that she noted when washing them when he was a teenager. Any guesses?

Hi John,

Igniting methane of humane origin?
That was a favorite game of one of my sons when he was young.

Cheers,
E.

I recently researched farts because my dog was killing me with his and I read that not all people have methane in their farts. Some do and some don't. The way you can tell is by lighting a fart and the color of the flame is different if you have methane or if you don't. One flame is yellow and the other blue. I don't remember which is which though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.