Stop the War!, Congress is saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS240 said:

This is a ridiculous statement to make. Obviously you do not own a gun or hunt and I hope you never do, if this is the way you think. It is completely irrational. It is totaly not the attitude of MOST legal gunowners here. If this were so, then you better watch what you say to anyone, they may be packing heat.:eek: Fortunately, most people are more intelligent than this. There is responsibility to owning and operating a firearm and when you do not adhere to it and someone gets hurt, well, it's your rap. If your negligence results in someone's death, you are responsible. I for one, I think that requirements as they are in this country are not strict enough. There really should be a minimum IQ required to owning firearms. I was first taught by my father how use a firearm when I was 8. However, the first lessons I learned before I even loaded the weapon was safety and respect for it. You must not be afraid of it BUT above all, you must ALWAYS respect it. There is no excuse for accidents if you follow your P's and Q's. Accidents usually involve alcohol or some other substance and this is irresponsible like driving a vehicle drunk and is inexcusable. BTW more people die because idiots don't seem to see the danger of driving while intoxicated than the idiots who misuse firearms causing accidents. The actions of this individual were as inexcusable as was the weapon he was hunting with is. Intentional misuse requires intentional punishment. It is too bad Wisconsin doesn't execute and that the taxpayers of that state are forced to support the cost of this piece of dung in prison.

Whether or not one owns a gun is irrelevant. They guy could have been hunting with a crossbow, a blunderbuss or an AS50, it would still have been stupid to initiate a confrontation. This is about common sense. If you pick a fight with a man holding a gun then you really ought to consider the possibility he might shoot you. It is simple self preservation to consider all possibilities in such situations.

tlf9999 said:

I presume that the legal systems in Europe are still civilized enough to protect stupidity, right?

I am pretty sure about it based on your comments so far.

Don't be a nudnik all your life, have a day off. Then again in a nation where vast numbers of its citizens are daft enough to eat themselves into an early grave, your inability to recognise simple self-preservation should come as no surprise.

rfbrw said:

Whether or not one owns a gun is irrelevant. They guy could have been hunting with a crossbow, a blunderbuss or an AS50, it would still have been stupid to initiate a confrontation. This is about common sense. If you pick a fight with a man holding a gun then you really ought to consider the possibility he might shoot you. It is simple self preservation to consider all possibilities in such situations.

Aperently you've contracted a view that everyone is uncivilized and I can't change that. Maybe one day when you quit watching gloom and doom news reports, and believing what you see on TV from the sewer known as Hollywood, and understand that it isn't reality, you might see the light.:angel:

CBS240 said:

Aperently you've contracted a view that everyone is uncivilized and I can't change that. Maybe one day when you quit watching gloom and doom news reports, and believing what you see on TV from the sewer known as Hollywood, and understand that it isn't reality, you might see the light.:angel:

Well, that's personal responsibility out of the window.

Guerilla warfare... jungles, trees; Buildings, cities.... not that different barring details. The combat stratigy to battle this hasn't seemed to change much. The problem is in this case, the people that are supposed to exist in self rule are incapable of self rule, not that they are being held back by a political agenda. This is proven by the hundreds of centuries of cutthroating of each faction involved who are now all of a sudden supposed to be a country. The so called Muslim religion of convert or kill, keeps thier minds closed and thus condems them to rule under totalitarian government... Religious or not. Taking in the religious differences that seem to cause the cutthroating between them. Any evidence against this? I have yet to see it. The REAL problem exists when you have modern weapons capible of killing millions controled with such an overall mindset as this.:apathic:

Very Grimm indeeed :dead:

The truth is, we cannot fight this war on a hand to hand situation. When your enemy has no respect for life whatsoever, you have to use any advantage you have. We do not have the guerilla warfare skills and heart that these savages have. We will absolutely lose that kind of war over there. We have the advantage of air power and I have not seen it being used effectively. When you find that the terrorists are using a village as a base of operation, you turn that village into rubble. Completely destroy it. If they move to another village, you completely destroy it too. Eventually, they will not have any resources left, and villagers will began to fight them because they will not want their village turned to rubble next and the innocent people killed it the process. Blame is not on us, it is on the terrorists that are disrupting the whole region. We wouldn't bomb if they aren't there. If we are unwilling to use the military advantage that we have, we will lose this conflict, at great cost not just to us but to the whole world. The message to be sent is, we will not put up with this type of behavior. Isn't this what George said? Well, apparently he does not really mean it. At least, that is what the terrorists see. Muslims are always the victim. This is what I here. This is utter BS. All you have to do is take a good look at history.

CBS240 said:
The truth is, we cannot fight this war on a hand to hand situation. When your enemy has no respect for life whatsoever, you have to use any advantage you have. We do not have the guerilla warfare skills and heart that these savages have. We will absolutely lose that kind of war over there. We have the advantage of air power and I have not seen it being used effectively. When you find that the terrorists are using a village as a base of operation, you turn that village into rubble. Completely destroy it. If they move to another village, you completely destroy it too. Eventually, they will not have any resources left, and villagers will began to fight them because they will not want their village turned to rubble next and the innocent people killed it the process. Blame is not on us, it is on the terrorists that are disrupting the whole region. We wouldn't bomb if they aren't there. If we are unwilling to use the military advantage that we have, we will lose this conflict, at great cost not just to us but to the whole world. The message to be sent is, we will not put up with this type of behavior. Isn't this what George said? Well, apparently he does not really mean it. At least, that is what the terrorists see. Muslims are always the victim. This is what I here. This is utter BS. All you have to do is take a good look at history.

If this is typical of the level of understanding the US has of the region and Islam in general and Iraq in particular, then it is well and truly up the creek without a paddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.