Stolen Trademark Amplifier from Jim's Audio on EBAY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You are substituting the constant current diode with the three pin (TO-92 package)LM334, so the 23 Ohm resistor goes into the holes of the constant current diode. If you have the 33 Ohm resistor, just solder a 75 Ohm resistor in parallel with it and you are pretty close to 23 Ohm.

Okay, I didn't know that the resistor goes where the diode goes if using the LM334.

Thank you.

The layer of graphene is very good at transferring heat through itself.

Is it conformable so that the interface between the T bar and the graphene has a low thermal resistance? i.e. does it exclude air from the interface?
And is the interface thermal resistance between the graphene and the heatsink good enough?

or does the graphene need thermal goop in both the interface contacts to achieve a low thermal resistance from T bar to heatsink.

One thin layer of thermal goop does achieve low thermal resistance.

May be. I am a little uncertain about that. The thickness of the material was one thing I was a little worried about. The only thing I could do was to see to plain surfaces and clamping them hard together. May be the type with adhesive on one or both sides is a better choice?

Last edited:
Starting to get heavy. The dual 1KVA toroidal is in place with four 47000 uF electrolytics. Hope to get the pcb´s wired up to the output cards this week-end.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 709
Joined 2005
Paid Member
For all your work and other good parts I hope you use Ixsys low noise AC bridge rectifier not a regular one. Set bias so output device measure 50'C on their cases, because as others have said the heatsink is too small for full class A, but don't worry you'll still enjoy it.

You also need a soft start for that size of transformer and capacitors

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Great thread!

I just ordered a set of Jim's boards and have been searching for all the parts for this project. It seems that a few items may be a challenge to locate.

As I haven't received my boards yet and I want to get ahead of the curve, can anyone give me the pin spacing on the .1mfd 100v film cap?

Also, any suggestions on cap selection would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bonanza

"can anyone give me the pin spacing on the .1mfd 100v film cap?"

Did a quick measurement on the board: 18mm

Thanks DACEN.

I've tried to locate all my parts from places like Mouser and Digikey, but I am having trouble locating the following parts:

2SC2240, 2SA970, 2SC2238, 2SA968, 2SJ313, 2SK2013

Can anyone recommend a reputable source for these items?

I did find the following on Ebay, but I can't assess whether these are original parts.

10pairs or 20pcs Toshiba to 220 2SA968 Y 2SC2238 Y 2SA968 2SC2238 A968 C2238 | eBay

5pairs or 10pcs 2SA970 BL 2SC2240 BL A970 BL C2240 BL 100 Genuine and New | eBay

Any ideas?

968/2238

Thanks DACEN.

I've tried to locate all my parts from places like Mouser and Digikey, but I am having trouble locating the following parts:

2SC2240, 2SA970, 2SC2238, 2SA968, 2SJ313, 2SK2013

Can anyone recommend a reputable source for these items?

I did find the following on Ebay, but I can't assess whether these are original parts.

10pairs or 20pcs Toshiba to 220 2SA968 Y 2SC2238 Y 2SA968 2SC2238 A968 C2238 | eBay

5pairs or 10pcs 2SA970 BL 2SC2240 BL A970 BL C2240 BL 100 Genuine and New | eBay

Any ideas?

Hello,
First, I bought a set of ten, because I was not really convinced, as I had (I'm sure) of true originals but out, and among one of the ten that I received, one had a broken leg, I have grinded to compare die, they are exactly the same size, have the same cob, for my ears have the same sound, worked 24/7 on my amplifier on 2 ohm, no problem.
Now this does not mean that they are true toshiba.
For the record, I claimed that this seller has sent me a replacement transistor for free because at the bottom of the page, it says, "that all the equipment is tested and verified," he formalized as he was a bit head mule, he did not want to sell me, while I still wanted 40, to finish, he relented, and I received them.
Best regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.