• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Steven's Alpair 10.2 Pensil Build Log

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Zia, I'll elevate the speaker and get them clear from harms way as soon as I can.

Dave, I must have imagined it. I could have sworn I had seen them somewhere before.

The veneer should be here today, if it comes in I'll wrap the boxes this weekend. If it doesn't come in I'll have to just hold my horses and possibly work on another project to keep busy. Thanks for the kind words guys.

Oh and it's a sheet of ribbon striped mahogany that I had decided on using. Wood on wood, and it will be book matched as good as I possibly can. I can't wait until they're done.

Here is my Birds Eye MAple version. Veneer cost 50$ off ebay!

Attachments

• Speaker Pic.jpg
    Speaker Pic.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 571
Wow Buzz, those are great! And what a steal of a deal on that veneer! Maybe I should look on ebay from now on for my veneer needs. The 4 x 8 of the ribbon striped mahogany cost a quick $115.

Here's a couple photos of a TC Sounds OEM subwoofer box I wrapped in mahogany a year or so ago.

Attachments

• 100_1010.jpg
    100_1010.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 538
  • 100_1012.jpg
    100_1012.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 506
  • 100_1013.jpg
    100_1013.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 496
  • 100_1014.jpg
    100_1014.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 467
Bummer what happened to your speaker. Glad you took a break to cool off. I would've chucked the silly thing to the next postal code and written the whole project off as a fail. :p Sexy veneer on that sub box. The wife has an old clothes chest handed down from her grandmother in similar fashion. Very cool, can't wait to see the finished product.

Ah man i feel bad about that!
Thanks for sharing and getting us on the topic, i had a idea but didn't realize they were so fragile. I'll be sure to handle with care when i get my next gen A12.2 ;)
So grill covers are on the list of accessories, or at the very least a stainless steel "t" mask a'la B&W silver signature's to make a don't touch statement -
http://www.bridgat.com/index.php?page=images&id=78518&f=BW_Silver_Signature.jpg

Believe me, I almost did.

The veneer should've been here by today. I'm not too sure where it's at but I sure am ready to get it in so I can finish these guys up. So since I can't be more than a week without a project to work on, I decided to build a nice little equipment stand out of Honduran Mahogany with a Sapele top trimmed in 3/4" x 1-1/2" mahogany.

It was a quick and easy build. I'll post photos as soon as I can gain access to a camera. I'll also be building a side table in the same style very soon.

Hahaha I thought the same thing. I'm going to get a camera this weekend hopefully. I've never really needed a camera before. I'm not a photographer and mostly the people I'm around have a ton of cameras so it was always easier to just borrow one. Also, I'm not too sure where the veneer is coming from. I ordered it, and they ordered it from somewhere else. I'm guessing that's why it's not here yet. I was hoping to work on it this weekend but apparently I'll have to wait another week. In the meantime I took a couple photos of the equipment stand/table that I threw together earlier this week. It's filthy with sawdust so please excuse anything you see that didn't get whiped off before the pictures got taken.

Enjoy,
Steven

Attachments

• IMG_1878.JPG
    IMG_1878.JPG
    544.6 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_1879.JPG
    IMG_1879.JPG
    523.9 KB · Views: 624
Well guys I know it's been a hell of a long time since I started this thread. I finished them yesterday. With changing jobs, helping people move and just general personal and holiday stuff I finally found time to slap some veneer on them, spray them, and finish up the boxes. They sound fantastic. Very surprising amount of bass and crystal clear. I love them and am very proud to have such a pair of speakers. Thanks to Mark Fenlon for such great drivers and thank to the guys at Woden (Scott and Dave) for the designs.

Cheers,
Steven

Attachments

• DSCN3821.JPG
    DSCN3821.JPG
    936.5 KB · Views: 578
  • DSCN3823.JPG
    DSCN3823.JPG
    738.5 KB · Views: 554
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.