Stereophile covers Burning Amp 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
better that than fancy snake skin and heatshrink everywhere ...... with looong price tag

my 169.5 Euro will be spent wise ..... on big fancy case and hefty nail between connectors

I'll call it Nail Buffer , Best (non)Amplifier in the World

:clown:

'will exhibit miniature version on next BAF ;

tobbaco box , few Lemo's , few mini XLR's for output , and drawing pin (instead of big nail) .

I have a name for newest project - DOAAYKI ...... (Death of Audio As You Know It)

should someone write article for some FiFi mag about it ?

:rofl:

hahaha John, its no secret i'm not a fan, but all the same I had hoped you hadnt seen it because I dont know that I have been that blatant about it on HF. haha nah I ust dont think they are for me, I like my HD600 and i'm eyeing off the LCD2 (thus the HP out thought on F5X) and i'm going to try really hard not to hear the new stax. gonna take some serious gear to beat the customs outa my new rig though

I don't think we could expect Stereophile to say anything else really, they have a magazine and their jobs to protect.

What do you think would happen if Jason had of said something like " I attended the talk by Nelson Pass and learnt that for very little money you can build a system that beats Mark Levinson, and don't worry if you think you are not up to it, there is a site call diyaudio.com full of friendly and experienced people willing to help new people build their dream system for a fraction of the cost of what you would pay for in the the store"

He and a lot of people at stereophile might be out of a job.

I take his article as a complement.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

whatever we are , we are different kind of fanatics , than Stereophile type of fanatics ;

so I don't even find what can be gained for forum itself ,from any type ( good ,bad) of article in that sort of periodics .

but - taking in account that NP is their customer , with >how many?< full page adds paid/year ....... it's certainly non-professional to make possibility that his (and their , in a way ) customers gain impression that NP doesn't know what cables are .........

not even mentioning fact that NP was sharping his teeth with serious drek while I was making mud cannons ...... and probably our fave scriber , too .....

as NP sez few times ....... "I can't care less , but PL is still operation from which my friends are earning for living ....... "

Ummm.... how shall I put this

The majority of the gents with +$100k audio rigs i've crossroaded, are the ones unlikely to ever have a wife.
On the other hand, the DIY stereotype is the married variety.
(repeated offenders with alimony burdens are likely the most fanatic, for some odd reason SY comes to mind)

Umm, does this read "The Pavarotti of Pucker" ? => jason order
You guys thinking what i'm thinking ? :clown:

but - taking in account that NP is their customer , with >how many?< full page adds paid/year ....... it's certainly non-professional to make possibility that his (and their , in a way ) customers gain impression that NP doesn't know what cables are .........

I didn't get that impression at all. I interpreted it as an ego thing.
I suppose he should have probably left that out.
But there is no way he would have publicly agreed with Nelson even if he did agree in private.

oh dear :sing: :yell: :sing::worried:

I actually intended to tell you guys to give the poor guy a break and it had gone on for too long, but the above links are just too much to bare. I actually found the video clip to be quite disturbing.

Oh, dear, indeed. Oh, my goodness. :yuck: Or, as my wise old grandmother used to say, what the... heck?

Maybe next year at BAF Nelson might be willing to share out his bowl full of crystals and everyone can take one and make a cigar-box AM radio, and pretend it's the 1950s again, and have a Happy Fizzies Party. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Maybe it is time to put this thread to rest and just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.